• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Little Britain

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Little Britain"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Can we not just have Little Britain and The Office both taken off because they're crap?

I'd like to throw Mrs Brown's Boys in there as well.

Perhaps Channel 5 could have a Battle Royale style game show, where the writers, producers and commissioning editors of each show are sent to an island where they have to battle it out to survive.
    It's presented to them as a big show where the first prize is a new series.
    Set up all the cameras, do all the stuff like in a normal reality show, then leave one person to "manage" the show. Cameras switched off, no broadcasts, but the one person chats to them once a day.

Keep it going for a few years

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    No not the Brexit gammon voting variety but the David Walliams and Matt Lucas sort. Seems Little Britan has been confined to bin.

Obviously, I fully expect any involvement in future productions to now be canned or are they the right sort of racists/transphobic media lovelies that get a free pass along with Leigh Francis?
    Never found the show funny; and never even seen a proper episode; but that doesn’t mean it should be removed from the catalogue of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Klinger.

Dresses up in women's clothes (in order to demonstrate that he's a loony and so get discharged). It's should be close enough for the woke.
    Looks like a cross-dresser to me.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Clinger isn't transgender.

HTH
    Klinger.

Dresses up in women's clothes (in order to demonstrate that he's a loony and so get discharged). It's should be close enough for the woke.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    MASH is transphobic, Corporal Clinger is constantly lampooned.

Hawkeye is an alchoholic sex addict. Margaret ridiculed for celibacy. Charles is rich & privileged. They even joke about people's accents.

Ye deities what fascist tools you are!
    Clinger isn't transgender.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Taken off a streaming service where you can simply choose not to watch them seems a fairly pointless request. I don't think Netflix has a limited number of slots so removing them frees up a space for something you want to watch like M*A*S*H

MASH is transphobic, Corporal Clinger is constantly lampooned.

Hawkeye is an alchoholic sex addict. Margaret ridiculed for celibacy. Charles is rich & privileged. They even joke about people's accents.

Ye deities what fascist tools you are!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can we not just have Little Britain and The Office both taken off because they're crap?
    Taken off a streaming service where you can simply choose not to watch them seems a fairly pointless request. I don't think Netflix has a limited number of slots so removing them frees up a space for something you want to watch like M*A*S*H

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    This is exactly the type of elitist attitude that makes racists attack people.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Has this one been targeted yet?

YouTube

"This is not my sandwich"
    I mean...racists ARE the butt of the joke here right? The irony with this kind of thing is that racists will enjoy it too, unaware they are the people being targeted. A bit like Til Death Us Do Part?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Has this one been targeted yet?

YouTube

"This is not my sandwich"

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    'Come fly with me' was very funny.
    They are both very clever and take the piss out of everyone - especially different 'classes' in the UK.
    Not sure if that's been taken down. But some of it did sail close to the wind.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    They're a pair of grotesques.
    That was Little Britain's modus operandum, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Excursion UK
    replied
    They're a pair of grotesques.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    I remember liking Little Britain when it came out - it was nothing special mind you - but don't really remember it being problematic. Clearly attitudes change and I'm a bit more aware of things now than I was back then.

Come Fly With Me though...that was only 10 years ago and I never really watched it but with sketches like this I'm amazed it made it to air:

YouTube

I don't really know how I feel about them being removed because they are offensive. Clearly a business can gatekeep its content however it wants and if they feel its inappropriate that's their decision, but I do sometimes worry about where you draw the line on comedy being "offensive".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X