• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Booking Holidays

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Booking Holidays"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, me and loony lady friend were thinking of booking summit a few weeks ago. Not so sure now. Wonder how many travel companies will go broke.
    Not Thomas Cook I hope!

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    but if you dig a hole or two, get on your knees, and have a good sniff of the soil, I reckon you could still inhale a few spores of the stuff..
    Sounds like a grinder story to me

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Pay Anthrax Island a visit, in Scotland. They reckon they've decontaminated it now, but if you dig a hole or two, get on your knees, and have a good sniff of the soil, I reckon you could still inhale a few spores of the stuff..

Gruinard Island - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    or North Korea.
    It’s only working holidays there...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Don’t try this in Sicily...
    or North Korea.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    As soon as I get 1st symptoms of coronavirus I plan to book myself into the savoy in a luxury suit for 1 night, then inform them I’ve got it, then they will quarantine me for several weeks for free

Don’t try this in Sicily...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    As soon as I get 1st symptoms of coronavirus I plan to book myself into the savoy in a luxury suit for 1 night, then inform them I’ve got it, then they will quarantine me for several weeks for free

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I could get you a house in Charmouth (near Lyme Regis) for less than that. Sleeps 6-8, great views over Portland Bill, lots of walking, good local pubs, etc etc
    Already booked - and we wanted a particular place as it's near friends (without imposing on them).

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    We're campers.

I loved Exmouth last year. Might go again this year.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    As for this year - due to lack of money we currently only have 2 weeks in cornwall planned - the Lizard Peninsula has some cheap holiday cottages relative to the rest of the county (we have 2 weeks in August for £1700 or so) and I suspect avoiding hotels at the moment would be a sensible plan.
    I could get you a house in Charmouth (near Lyme Regis) for less than that. Sleeps 6-8, great views over Portland Bill, lots of walking, good local pubs, etc etc

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Florence is nicer than Venice.
    Never been to Venice but I have visited Florence. Lovely place. Bologna is also fab. Sorrento too.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Florence is nicer than Venice.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    LastMinuteViralHolidays.com

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, me and loony lady friend were thinking of booking summit a few weeks ago. Not so sure now. Wonder how many travel companies will go broke.
    My inertia - partly due to me knowing about the virus, partly because I'm disorganised meant I avoided Milan at Easter. See my post above for why that turned out to be a doubly good reason.

My parents set off on a 40 day cruise round the Caribbean and then to Spain on Thursday - I'm still unsure whether it will go ahead.

As for this year - due to lack of money we currently only have 2 weeks in cornwall planned - the Lizard Peninsula has some cheap holiday cottages relative to the rest of the county (we have 2 weeks in August for £1700 or so) and I suspect avoiding hotels at the moment would be a sensible plan.
    Last edited by eek; 2 March 2020, 10:47.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X