• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Coronavirus in UK

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coronavirus in UK"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's the date he chipped his way out of the vodka bottle. (It was -50C out there - a fine Russian spring).
    So more misbegotten than born.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    One of the more interesting things i read today is about the state (county) I live in. The death rate has actually gone down even with corona, normally in March to April there would be 180-200 deaths and is not down to 160. The health experts put it down to the fact that viruses such as normal flu are not being passed on as people are isolating...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You were born??
    It's the date he chipped his way out of the vodka bottle. (It was -50C out there - a fine Russian spring).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    We've been informed that WfH is the new normal even after "normality" returns until the "social distancing" is completely removed.

There simply isn't enough parking spaces, seats on the train and office space.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And mine. As with so many things, I lead and you follow.

;-)
    Whatever you say granddad

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Also my bday
    And mine. As with so many things, I lead and you follow.

;-)

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not looking much like the curve flattening to me, even based on non-representative hospital testing only...
    The number of deaths per day is not increasing. The cumulative death graph is linear. It's a lot better than the exponential you get without restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Not looking much like the curve flattening to me, even based on non-representative hospital testing only...

I understand that is you treat hospital admissions as a leading indicator and deaths as a lagging indicator, then it suggests the curve is flattening. That's anecodotal from friends working on London acute trusts BTW.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Also my bday
    You were born??

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Also when the Federal Republic of Germany was (officially) created
    Also my bday

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ...but not VE day.
    It is, however, my niece's birthday.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not a bad album.
    Still not a patch on Blue Lines or Mezzanine.

qh

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

...but not VE day.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    23rd May was when Heligoland surrendered to the British.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X