• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Christmas tree thread"

Collapse

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
    The gammon one
    Kermit then.

Leave a comment:

• MasterBait
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    which type?:
    The gammon one

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Rather short and limp and tired looking, barely lights up. Tried to insert a fairy but no luck there either.
    Tried to insert a fairy but no luck there either.
    which type?:

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    We normally we wait for a few weeks.

But FIL decided he wanted to buy everyone a real tree and that he was going to do that yesterday - so we now have a tree up but not decorated....

have to do that sooner rather than later as otherwise the needles will dry out and drop off.

which reminds me I need to fill up the xmas try stand with water

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    The tree doesn't go up before my birthday.

That's the law at the Albertville estate and as my birthday isn't for more than two weeks, we are a tree, tinsel and fairy free zone.

Although if @GJABS fancies popping around for a chinwag I'll make a one off exception to the fairies rule.

And no, that's not a euphemism.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And another letdown decorating the tree last night, I had one bauble bigger than the other, a friend turned up and only one bauble and the other friend two baubles but very small. Puting them on the tree, always the left bauble hung lower.
    You are Himmler and I claim my 5 Deutschmark.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    And another letdown decorating the tree last night, I had one bauble bigger than the other, a friend turned up and only one bauble and the other friend two baubles but very small. Puting them on the tree, always the left bauble hung lower.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Mines up and it's a whooper. Anyone else erected theirs yet?

aren't you worried its gone green?

Yep tree up this morning, more decorations tonight with wine.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Don't bother. I do stick some lights around the front room though.
    I don't even do that. I can barely bring myself to put up the few Christmas cards I receive

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You don't get to claim all the fairy activities you know
    No, but I get to claim all of the fairies (I am a slapper lol)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    I thought that was my job
    You don't get to claim all the fairy activities you know

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Don't bother. I do stick some lights around the front room though.
    Bah.

Humbug.

I switch on the minefield on the roof to see if I can get that Santa fella and have some nice reindeer steaks for Xmas lunch.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Tried to insert a fairy
    I thought that was my job

Leave a comment:

• mb31
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Mines up and it's a whooper. Anyone else erected theirs yet?
    No, it was on the plan but I spent the day trying to fix my washing machine instead. It's fixed now but I've no idea why because all I did take the things to bits and put it back together after finding no obvious faulty parts.

The only new decoration I've got this year is one of those indoor projectors that projects onto your window. I bought it for for Halloween (zombies clawing at blinds with groaning sound effects). The projector also has a Christmas mode of Santa waving, laughing and jiggling his belly about.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Got an advent calendar with 24 windows. I am going to knock one out every day.
    Will this be at home, in the morning, or is it on your desk at work?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X