• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dash cam footage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dash cam footage"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Safe to say that you haven't touched bottom yet then!
    GJABS clearly has.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    None whatever!
    Safe to say that you haven't touched bottom yet then!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Is there no end to your depravity/perversion?
    None whatever!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Got two that handle better and are lighter, and one that is significantly lighter, faster, and probably handles better albeit with half the number of wheels, and two more that are lighter, but probably neither faster or handle better.
    Oh, I'm talking about SUVs, not different types of vehicle.

Something under 1700kg, and I don't mean a rebadged Skoda.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Or one that's faster, lighter and handles better.
    Got two that handle better and are lighter, and one that is significantly lighter, faster, and probably handles better albeit with half the number of wheels, and two more that are lighter, but probably neither faster or handle better.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Or even in a 300bhp, ~500nm torque suv
    Or one that's faster, lighter and handles better.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    That was a very small bump. I've been rammed from behind by a woman much harder than that
    Forum avatar checks out.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    The benefits of having a rear dash cam as well as a forward lookingone. Watch the driver pick up their mobile phoneoff the dashboard about 10 seconds into the clip.

<removed>

That was a very small bump. I've been rammed from behind by a woman much harder than that
    Last edited by administrator; 13 June 2019, 10:36. Reason: YouTube link removed as it was personally identifying information and the OP has is exercising his right to be forgotten...

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It will also monitor if I brake or accelerate hard or corner too quickly. Not good things you want monitored when you've a two seater sporty number

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    So that's what you did with your midlife crisis!
    Guilty....

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    It will also monitor if I brake or accelerate hard or corner too quickly. Not good things you want monitored when you've a two seater sporty number
    So that's what you did with your midlife crisis!

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Or even in a 300bhp, ~500nm torque suv

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you ever tried that Avia app that monitors your driving and then tells you how much you can save by insuring your vehicle with Aviva. It is heavily loaded against driving during rush hour(s). Which infers that just by being on the road during certain times of the day, i.e. using your car for commuting to/from a place of work, you are a significantly higher risk than someone who drives a few hours later. Car Insurance is a con. Australia seems to have a better solution where you pay an annual fee (akin to road tax in the UK) and that includes your insurance. Everybody pays a similar amount regardless of what you drive and everyone shares the risk.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Thing that pisses me off most about this is the insurance element of it. Even though you have clear evidence that the woman was 100% to blame if you go through insurance it is likely to be a black mark against you and some insurers may load you for it.
    There was a piece awhile ago that even if you ring certain insurers to ask if its worth claiming and they advise it isn't it can still affect your premium.

It's just ridiculous.
    Have you ever tried that Avia app that monitors your driving and then tells you how much you can save by insuring your vehicle with Aviva. It is heavily loaded against driving during rush hour(s). Which infers that just by being on the road during certain times of the day, i.e. using your car for commuting to/from a place of work, you are a significantly higher risk than someone who drives a few hours later. Car Insurance is a con. Australia seems to have a better solution where you pay an annual fee (akin to road tax in the UK) and that includes your insurance. Everybody pays a similar amount regardless of what you drive and everyone shares the risk.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    They do have it all sewn up, especially the motor insurance ones.

They allow criminal gangs to purchase all the write-offs, they then steal your car (often violently) to take bits off it and put it on the write off to sell (in bits or cut and shut) on ebay or scumtree. Because of these thefts my premium has gone up.

And the circle continues, both Criminal gangs and insurers (one and the same really) are making £$£$£$£$£.

Take a Police force that is totally underfunded and a government blindsided on Brexit you have a thieves paradise.

/rantover

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 6 June 2019, 12:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X