• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Return to Home country and future plans"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by molsang View Post
    Somebody advised me do six months contract in UK/EU in Summer timer and enjoy with family in India in Winter and go for vacations in school holidays across India and South East Asia/OZ/Kiwi etc. I know atleast two guys who are living this lifestyle.

Any comments?
    Yes, make sure your UK LTD has paid its taxes and submitted its returns, and that it is all up to date.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Okay now you are just trolling. Is this a gittinsgal sockie?
    Thick as mince and without credibility. Almost certainly gricer.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Unfortunately can't leave the contract in middle, have to finish and then go
    You do know that once you leave you will never be allowed back in after March 29th

Leave a comment:

• molsang
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Go for it.. As soon as possible please...
    Unfortunately can't leave the contract in middle, have to finish and then go

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Somebody advised me do six months contract in UK/EU in Summer timer and enjoy with family in India in Winter and go for vacations in school holidays across India and South East Asia/OZ/Kiwi etc. I know atleast two guys who are living this lifestyle.

Any comments?
    Okay now you are just trolling. Is this a gittinsgal sockie?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Any comments?
    Go for it.. As soon as possible please...

Leave a comment:

• molsang
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Thank you for contributing to the success of the British economy, but I think you are going at the wrong moment. Post Brexit things will get even better here

Any comments?

Leave a comment:

• wesdun1977
    replied
    -- I have a fixed date in mind by 31st Mar 2019, I will be back to India. That will be end of ten years freelancing in UK. Family is already back, well settled. Anyone else having same plan?

I'd conversations few of my ex-colleagues and 95% of them want to return back to India at some stage.

Money is tempting in new start-ups companies in Bengaluru
    Would be handy if a few more had the same idea to make room for us Brits that may have to return around the time you plan to leave.

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Money is tempting in new start-ups companies in Bengaluru
    They should invest in sanitation and water treatment plants rather than high caste IT startups. Last year I was in Kolkata and did a trip up the Brahmaputra and although some of the scenery was magnificent the general cleanliness and pollution left much to be desired

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Its just that the IT career has caused a lot of burnout. I wish I could afford to buy a small fully self-sustained farm with a hut somewhere away from cities.
    Hang tight. Once the EU subsidies stop farms will be cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    An immigrant myself. Used to call myself indian but not any more - rather, I am from one of india's own unwilling colonies.

Britain gave me a safe place, opportunity, fairness, and hope for which I am grateful.
    My personal values align with the values of this country (or what I learnt of them as I did pass the citizenship test).

The idea of the EU single market had appealed to me, so had voted remain.

But now that it seems to be heading for some turbulent times, I feel a duty to stand by this country.
    Its just that the IT career has caused a lot of burnout. I wish I could afford to buy a small fully self-sustained farm with a hut somewhere away from cities.
    And I don't know what I should go 'back' to either. As such, I am sure Britain will emerge stronger and better, but, next few years are likely to be uncertain.

(By safe, I do not mean I was an asylum seeker despite coming from a millitarised conflict area - I came here on a highly skilled visa and later naturalised. It has been a long journey)
    Well done mate and welcome to the UK.

We'll have a tough few years ahead of us but it'll be worth it in the long run!

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Thank you for contributing to the success of the British economy, but I think you are going at the wrong moment. Post Brexit things will get even better here

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    An immigrant myself. Used to call myself indian but not any more - rather, I am from one of india's own unwilling colonies.

Britain gave me a safe place, opportunity, fairness, and hope for which I am grateful.
    My personal values align with the values of this country (or what I learnt of them as I did pass the citizenship test).

The idea of the EU single market had appealed to me, so had voted remain.

But now that it seems to be heading for some turbulent times, I feel a duty to stand by this country.
    And I don't know what I should go 'back' to either. As such, I am sure Britain will emerge stronger and better, but, next few years are likely to be uncertain.

(By safe, I do not mean I was an asylum seeker despite coming from a millitarised conflict area - I came here on a highly skilled visa and later naturalised. It has been a long journey)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You should fit right in

Esha Gupta: Has Instagram exposed everyday racism in India? - BBC News

That changed after the actress decided to share a screengrab of a WhatsApp conversation in which a friend mocked the team's Nigerian star, Alex Iwobi, as a "gorilla" and "Neanderthal" who "evolution had stopped for"."Hahaha," wrote the actress, who helped Arsenal unveil its 2017 away kit, as she shared the screengrab with her 3.4m Instagram followers.
    The racist slurs - and the fact she thought it was funny - horrified many, and the backlash was unsurprisingly swift. How dare she call herself an Arsenal supporter, her fellow fans demanded.
    Gupta apologised quickly, but the post hints at a long-known - but little acknowledged - problem of racism towards people of African descent in Indian society.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X