• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "10 Things that Boomers have that Millenials don't"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Odd. I always had you down as a mid-twenties sort of person. Mid 1920s.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah yes, when one could watch "Threads" or "The Day After" (if one preferred Kansas) on the idiot lantern.
    Strange how each new way of conveying information is derided. Socrates thought little of books, saying they were for the lazy who couldn't be bothered to commit to memory!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    And what about the cold war. Which a few of us on here helped win
    Ah yes, when one could watch "Threads" or "The Day After" (if one preferred Kansas) on the idiot lantern.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yep living on toast when mortgages got to 14%.
    You had toast!! we were eating coal in the eighties.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    And it wasn't the bank of mum and dad back then but the other way round because our parents were skint with lots of revolving credit

yep living on toast when mortgages got to 14%.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    19. Sense of accountability
    20. Long term relationship

21. your mother.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    19. Sense of accountability
    20. Long term relationship

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    13 stench of death

14 rude

15 age

16 think they are better then everyone else

17 think they have more of a right in everything

18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy) and think they are the dogs balls
    The ability to spell, punctuate and use context? You have omitted "Envy" from your list.

13 stench of death

"Death, be not proud" - John Donne

14 rude

"Rude Kids" - 1970's Punk Rock band

15 age

"Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem" - Ode of Remembrance, Laurence Binyon

16 think they are better then everyone else

"Things can only get better" - Labour Party theme 1997 (Baby Boomer Blair enters, Stage Right)

17 think they have more of a right in everything

"More of a right" - Margaret Thatcher, 1983 - Danger to Miners

18 having an easy life (made money when living was easy) and think they are the dogs balls

"Greed is Good" - Wall Street, 1987

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    And it wasn't the bank of mum and dad back then but the other way round because our parents were skint with lots of revolving credit

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Remember the "world shortages"?

Of variously sugar, bog roll, petrol, money, going cap in hand to the IMF to get a bail out.

Ah, them were the days.

3 channels on the idiot lantern. Come to think of it, this was good, since you read books instead.

The heady days of "One Out, All Out, Wot about the Workers?", the Three Day week, petrol rationing, power cuts, tv stopping broadcasting at 10pm, ah twas the very heaven.

And not forgetting the Morris Marina and, gawdelpus, the Austin Allegro.
    And what about the cold war. Which a few of us on here helped win

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And there was me thinking that the reason I had a house, car, and decent pension was because I had been working hard for 40-50 years whilst raising a family.
    Odd. I always had you down as a mid-twenties sort of person. Mid 1920s.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Oh yes it was easy living in the 70's with no technology, a fooked economy courtesy of Labour, no jobs on leaving Uni/School, having to squat as the paltry salary from the available job didn't stretch to rent, equipping the first home of my own with 2nd hand stuff or simply going without. Yes times back then were just glorious

It's interesting to note that the millennials living near me all seem to get their boomer parents to do the jobs they can't, such as fixing stuff
    Remember the "world shortages"?

Of variously sugar, bog roll, petrol, money, going cap in hand to the IMF to get a bail out.

Ah, them were the days.

3 channels on the idiot lantern. Come to think of it, this was good, since you read books instead.

The heady days of "One Out, All Out, Wot about the Workers?", the Three Day week, petrol rationing, power cuts, tv stopping broadcasting at 10pm, ah twas the very heaven.

And not forgetting the Morris Marina and, gawdelpus, the Austin Allegro.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 September 2018, 08:11.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Oh yes it was easy living in the 70's with no technology, a fooked economy courtesy of Labour, no jobs on leaving Uni/School, having to squat as the paltry salary from the available job didn't stretch to rent, equipping the first home of my own with 2nd hand stuff or simply going without. Yes times back then were just glorious

It's interesting to note that the millennials living near me all seem to get their boomer parents to do the jobs they can't, such as fixing stuff
    beer 'n' cigs were cheap though
    amphetamines rather than cocaine
    Led Zeppelin rather than Kylie

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmic View Post

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X