• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parking Pranksters - I'm fining a "Parking Company" at least £1250"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Indeed. My dad always taught me that ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. He's was right.

The Trespass is always a LOL as what exactly are the damages they are suing for.

BTW you always get the 'you deserve it' posts on any posts about PPC behaviour (except on PPP) on any forum (see above re the law). DM comments can be a right scream.

Carry on as you were NWP2C.
    Last edited by NigelJK; 16 February 2017, 09:58.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Which would be great if it were a public highway, and even if it was they (the council) are breaking the law with that non-compliant signage and any attempt to fine motorists would be unjust enrichment.
    Traffic wardens are extinct in most towns and cites (they make £M's from deregulation).

KUATB
    I am being penalised on the basis that it is a private road actually - Apparently I am trespassing! Which shows exactly how much research Paddy has done into the ES Parking/Gladstone parking scam.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Firstly, if you look on Google Street View you can see that nearby there are sufficient signs marked “Controlled Zone 8am to 8pm” That alone is enough to tell you that there no de-restricted parking places.

Secondly, you have parked opposite centre hazard lines approaching a road junction. That in itself is sufficient to issue a ticket for obstruction.

If I was a traffic warden, I would have had your car towed away.
    Which would be great if it were a public highway, and even if it was they (the council) are breaking the law with that non-compliant signage and any attempt to fine motorists would be unjust enrichment.
    Traffic wardens are extinct in most towns and cites (they make £M's from deregulation).

KUATB
    Last edited by NigelJK; 16 February 2017, 09:40.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You could be on a loser with this one. Regardless of who won any previous case, the law on signage for restricted parking was changed some years ago.

Firstly, if you look on Google Street View you can see that nearby there are sufficient signs marked “Controlled Zone 8am to 8pm” That alone is enough to tell you that there no de-restricted parking places.

Secondly, you have parked opposite centre hazard lines approaching a road junction. That in itself is sufficient to issue a ticket for obstruction.

Yep and a traffic warden would have the right to do so.

Sadly it wasn't a traffic warden who did so but a private company trying to make money out of it.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Can I have it then? I promise to spend it on high-end single malts rather than waste it.
    You can have it.... Just go and park your car there.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    You could be on a loser with this one. Regardless of who won any previous case, the law on signage for restricted parking was changed some years ago.

You obviously haven't done your research on this one and are talking out of your

Otherwise you would have realised that they have lost almost all of their cases so far. They only won when the defendant didn't bring about the correct points.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Last June I got a lovely parking invoice in the post. Normally I deal with these in the usual way - appeal process or ignore depending on the company. This one was different. My car was actually parked somewhere totally legitimate. It was parked in exactly the same place as where this victim won his case against the fraudsters:

To make things more interesting I opened up a straight forwards case against them for breach of the DPA claiming an additional £750.

Total expected windfall for the 2 cases: £1250.

On top of that I'm looking at an additional case to take them down properly.

This has nothing to do with money and everything to do with taking down these buggers! All the formal documents and case details are available on the consumer action group forum.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Good man - love this sort of tulip.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I can sub one of these into my car while it is parked up:

Nice to see you have found scooterscot some gainful employment.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Last June I got a lovely parking invoice in the post. Normally I deal with these in the usual way - appeal process or ignore depending on the company. This one was different. My car was actually parked somewhere totally legitimate.

Woah! Not so fast! Can't you see those double yellow lines veer off to the left under the pavement, and then re-emerge a few feet further on?

The parking company can't be blamed if some idiot from the council came along and plonked a pavement over perfectly kosher (albeit slightly wobbly) yellow lines!

You're bang to rights, so pay up and stop moaning!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Total expected windfall for the 2 cases: £1250.

This has nothing to do with money
    Can I have it then? I promise to spend it on high-end single malts rather than waste it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I can imagine a couple of mates dressing up as crash test dummies and doing a lap of the M60 for a laugh
    years ago we drove up Guildford high street with a medical skeleton in the passenger street complete with string tied to the wrist so it could wave, so many people jumped.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I've got a sneaky feeling that you possess a few bookshelves of the full set

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I can imagine a couple of mates dressing up as crash test dummies and doing a lap of the M60 for a laugh

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Have you got the after substitution pic too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X