• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Price of Brexit 2: The Veg"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    OMG.......if only there were some mechanism by which we could somehow manage to grow our OWN vegetables?

In our gardens?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Of course this misses the point completely that all studies so far conducted into the health of the Nation since WWII have shown the Nation was at its healthiest just after rationing.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Another Brexit lie
    Your proof?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Good idea. Stop talking the country down. I'll start.

1. ...
    Cake!!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I think we should focus on truthful things that they said, anything at all???
    Good idea. Stop talking the country down. I'll start.

1. ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Another Brexit lie
    I think we should focus on truthful things that they said, anything at all???

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    By making food prices very expensive.

Another Brexit lie

Leave a comment:

• SandyD
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Gordon Bennet atW! Stop please!

PS Oh, that article doesn't mention Brexit. Are you going to post about sofas/squirrels and put a Brexit heading?
    Let him Xoggoth... At least he is not posting about house prices anymore !!

Oh hold on, AtW how would Brexit affect house prices ... you probably discussed this already and I missed it.... I usually come here when am in between contracts etc

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There is, except the farmers won't get any EU subsidies any more and they won't have any cheap foreign labour to pick the veg.

Can you explain how this mechanism of yours will work then?
    Instead of being subsidised by the EU (largely in the interests of the French Farming Community) to leave land sitting fallow, it will become worth their while to actually plant vegetables.

They could then harvest these and sell them for a profit. The profits could, of course, be used to pay locals to work on the farms.

Free market economics at work.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There is, except the farmers won't get any EU subsidies any more and they won't have any cheap foreign labour to pick the veg.

By making food prices very expensive.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    OMG.......if only there were some mechanism by which we could somehow manage to grow our OWN vegetables?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Next we'll have meat going up in price big time.

Fecks sake, was it really worth it?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Wasn't that to do with the Gulf stream moving? If it did it would feck up the UK, Iceland and the Faroe Islands completely.
    <Remainer Mode>
    Brought to you by the same man who brought you White House Down & The Patriot hardly a beacon of credibility.

</Remainer Mode>

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Gordon Bennet atW! Stop please!

PS Oh, that article doesn't mention Brexit. Are you going to post about sofas/squirrels and put a Brexit heading?

PPS Funny how, given global warming, they are getting low temperatures in Southern Europe. I always thought the film "The Day after Tomorrow" was bollox, now I'm not so sure. maybe the artic will suddenly sweep down and Freeze London under 15 feet of ice.
    Its great really before our "Friends" start punishing for leaving we have a reason to start moving towards self sufficiency.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X