• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trump on Indian outsourcing"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On past form, he'll have completely reversed his position by the end of today.
    My mistake: he'd already reversed his position two days before this thread was started, in his usual incoherent style:

DONALD TRUMP: I'm changing. We need highly-skilled people in this country and if we can't do it, we'll get them in. But - but - and we do need. In Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have.
    Donald Trump Changes Position On Visas For Highly Skilled Workers : NPR

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Company pays for the Visa. If they're US based its then just a taxable expense, so no skin off their nose.

You're think in answer to your question.
    Yes, they will if only H1-B exists

You are not only stealing their jobs but also their food in big proportions. Go Trump

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Get one of them you are friendly with a book on British etiquette.

Oh and wait until one of them goes to A&E with a cold....
    To be fair, they always excuse themselves with a "sorry" after each coughing fit.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Is this not a direct admission that their business model is based on undercutting local workers with imported cheap labour?
    Well done Einstein

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    I wish my Indian colleagues would learn to cover their mouths when hacking their guts up - they're all at it around me at the moment and it's only a matter of time before I go down with whatever nasties are flying around
    Get one of them you are friendly with a book on British etiquette.

Oh and wait until one of them goes to A&E with a cold....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    and?
    Indeed. Not like we didn't know doing the needful to ensure much cheapness was their M.O. anyway.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Is this not a direct admission that their business model is based on undercutting local workers with imported cheap labour?
    and?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Indian technology companies have complained long and loud about the cost of H1-B visas, arguing that they need to bring workers from India to the USA to grow their businesses.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay.
    Doesn't Trump widely employ Indian and Asian workers in India and Asia though, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay?

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    I wish my Indian colleagues would learn to cover their mouths when hacking their guts up - they're all at it around me at the moment and it's only a matter of time before I go down with whatever nasties are flying around

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

If only a UK politician would say the same about ICT visas here.
    He likes immigrants when it suits him...

Trump married Czech model Ivana Zelníčková on April 7, 1977
    In 1998, Trump began a relationship with Slovenian-born fashion model, Melania Knauss. They became engaged in April 2004 and were married on January 22, 2005

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Trump gets my vote
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's because you are thick.
    No it's not. It's because he too has the style and grace of a gangrenous paper cut.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
    It's very easy for any politician (or wannabe politician) to say what they're going to do; actually doing it is a different matter. Voters would do well to learn that until they get elected everything a candidate says is hot air and propaganda, and should be ignored. Us contractors are judged on our past record and our CVs, it should be the same for politicians. Treat them as candidates for a four-year contract and see if you'd hire them on that basis.
    As far as agents are concerned this rule does not apply

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is Trump sasguru?

Has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room?

Has anyone ever had both of them in the same sniper sight?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On past form, he'll have completely reversed his position by the end of today. There's hardly any point paying any attention to his blatherings, as he doesn't really mean any of it, except the bits where he says how wonderful he is
    Could you clarify please? Is the above in reference to Trump or sasguru?

Edit: Gaahh! Too slow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X