• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump on Indian outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    and?
    Indeed. Not like we didn't know doing the needful to ensure much cheapness was their M.O. anyway.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      I wish my Indian colleagues would learn to cover their mouths when hacking their guts up - they're all at it around me at the moment and it's only a matter of time before I go down with whatever nasties are flying around
      Get one of them you are friendly with a book on British etiquette.

Oh and wait until one of them goes to A&E with a cold....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Is this not a direct admission that their business model is based on undercutting local workers with imported cheap labour?
        Well done Einstein
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Get one of them you are friendly with a book on British etiquette.

Oh and wait until one of them goes to A&E with a cold....
          To be fair, they always excuse themselves with a "sorry" after each coughing fit.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Company pays for the Visa. If they're US based its then just a taxable expense, so no skin off their nose.

You're think in answer to your question.
            Yes, they will if only H1-B exists

You are not only stealing their jobs but also their food in big proportions. Go Trump

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              On past form, he'll have completely reversed his position by the end of today.
              My mistake: he'd already reversed his position two days before this thread was started, in his usual incoherent style:

DONALD TRUMP: I'm changing. We need highly-skilled people in this country and if we can't do it, we'll get them in. But - but - and we do need. In Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have.
              Donald Trump Changes Position On Visas For Highly Skilled Workers : NPR

Comment

Working...
              X