• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This weekend you will mostly be......................"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When the gardens sorted it will be time to sell....
    This garden is a bit like the Forth Road Bridge's paint job. When it's finished, I'll be three months late for starting again

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Decided to make a start on tackling my absolute jungle of a garden. Off to buy a chainsaw tomorrow.

Buying a house with huge garden with a river and 30+ 100 ft trees seemed like a good idea at the time.
    When the gardens sorted it will be time to sell....

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Decided to make a start on tackling my absolute jungle of a garden. Off to buy a chainsaw tomorrow.

Buying a house with huge garden with a river and 30+ 100 ft trees seemed like a good idea at the time.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Umbongo, this weekend I will be mostly beetling around Swaziland. What a fantastic place, mountainous, tartan socks, people love the ENglish, misty, rain and cold .
    Should be twinned with Scotland really.
    We just came down after nine days in Kruger, this time I got some great shots of leopard in a tree scoffing a deer, and Mrs Eo got two minutes of two elephants fighting.
    Links and pics to follow in a few weeks.
    Went to a cultural village today, to see a tribal dance and to see the way the Swazis lived
    Umbongo
    Didn't realise you were on your hols. Fantastic.

Many decades ago, my dad took a cine film of an elephant having a dump. I have happy childhood memories of giggling helplessly as he ran the film in reverse.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Will probably do some pork pies in a few weeks just need to get hold of some pigs feet so I can make a proper jelly. Not really going to bother with gluten free pastry though.
    Only doing it cos MrsB is really intolerant of gluten. Have done regular pastry before without problem but for some reason the hotter stuff turns really crumbly. Ended up having to add an egg and then chill it to make it workable. The regular stuff should be moulded when warm. Came out nicely in the end though.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Umbongo, this weekend I will be mostly beetling around Swaziland. What a fantastic place, mountainous, tartan socks, people love the ENglish, misty, rain and cold .
    Should be twinned with Scotland really.
    We just came down after nine days in Kruger, this time I got some great shots of leopard in a tree scoffing a deer, and Mrs Eo got two minutes of two elephants fighting.
    Links and pics to follow in a few weeks.
    Went to a cultural village today, to see a tribal dance and to see the way the Swazis lived
    Umbongo

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    And I can report that the experiments were a success

Gluten free hot water pasty is a pig to work with, but the end results tasted good.
    Will probably do some pork pies in a few weeks just need to get hold of some pigs feet so I can make a proper jelly. Not really going to bother with gluten free pastry though.

Leave a comment:

• raphal
    replied
    searching for ££££ back of sofas, under mattresses..

Brits have £3bn hidden away under our mattresses or behind sofas | Daily Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Making a start on clearing the garage out.

Experimenting with gluten free pastry for a pork pie.

Drinking beer and watching Rugby.
    And I can report that the experiments were a success

Gluten free hot water pasty is a pig to work with, but the end results tasted good.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That sounds like great fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko4zyokznj...48.16.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Pondlife; 19 September 2015, 21:36.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Tonight is Back to the Future showing in open air cinema at Cardiff Castle, so I will be there with a foldup chair and a box of waitrose's finest white.

Sat, Out for dinner

Sun, Watching the rugby

TFA! You?
    TFA

Yesterday: Interviewing some guys from an up and coming craft brewery for the blog and sampling their wares as well
    Today: Taking part in yet another cookery competition, this time a national one, watching Ireland having a very difficult game with Canada
    Tomorrow: blogging, cooking, drinking, F1, rugby

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Learning how not to die when the engine in one of these packs up:

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    TFA

Tonight leveling some of the new lawn
    Sat - laying a path
    Sun - off to a friends littlest's Christening, I have to do my Marlon impersonation again. All back to ours afterwards for lashings of Ginger beer.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Mainly I will be fretting that the exchange and completion for our house sale in London and purchase in Devon goes through in the timescale we are aiming for. Aiming for completion on 2nd Oct.

Other than that chilling, drinking beers, eating great food, getting rid of crap that we no longer need, and enjoying time with my youngest son who turned up at our place as a surprise last night at 11:30. The wife knew he was coming. I was the last to know.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Tonight is Back to the Future showing in open air cinema at Cardiff Castle
    That sounds like great fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X