• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IT Contracting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IT Contracting"

Collapse

• jacco
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I think you're confusing me with nluk. But to answer your question, yes.
    I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by jacco View Post
    Liz Truss says hi.
    Who's she?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied

I wonder if you had the same courage to tell me to piss off in real life
    I think you're confusing me with nluk. But to answer your question, yes.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by jacco

I am dumbass
    This does indeed seem to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

I am dumbass I am a code monkey. Jesus Christ, this forum is packed with technical people. I should piss off!
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• GitMaster69
    replied

What was your rate 8 years ago? £250/day? ) Nice try Lizz Truss nice try
    I'm saying theres career to be made in contracting.
    You asked a question I gave you insight from someone thats there nearly a decade. Take it or leave it

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Time to get rid.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

An idiot saying developers are code monkeys is either an old fart or clearly not a software developer.
    Well, you're clearly not a software developer.

And, as you can see from my post, I did not say that software developers are code monkeys, you just ASSUMED that.

Your assumptions make you look like an idiot.

La revedere.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I assume you're not technical at all. Technical people know what IT means Also thanks for your useless contribution to my original question.
    You can make all the assumptions you like about me.
    I'm not the one who posted one thing, then edited their post to say something else, and proceeded to whine about people who were answering the original question.

Technically speaking, the Information Technology market is buoyant in many areas globally, this is also reflected in the UK, where, thanks to the current exchange rates, foreign businesses are interested in using UK contractors to fulfil roles at a lower cost than their local options.
    With regard to code monkeys, the market for BASIC, FORTRAN and LISP is pretty flat. Other programming languages probably exist, I've not rifled through the pages of Computer Weekly looking for jobs for a while.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

i certainly would

Leave a comment:

• jacco
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

FTFY
    He must have a lot of friends in real life... oh wait he must be British. What a sad and lonely creature.

Leave a comment:

• jacco
    replied
    Welcome back, Neo.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    IT is the bloke with the Homer Simpson tie.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Piss off Neo.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

I assume you're not technical at all. Technical people know what IT means Also thanks for your useless contribution to my original question.
    Technical people aren't code monkeys

Leave a comment:

Working...
X