• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contract offered with no interview"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Since then.

The forum bollocksmiths are well known
    Once again that wasn't what I asked for - you said people posted tulip - so please point out the statements you believe are wrong as otherwise the OP may follow advice you think is incorrect but are too lazy to spend 30 seconds correcting while going I'm alright Jack.
    Last edited by eek; 19 February 2021, 19:27.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    When? The IPSE/PCG of 2014 was a worthwhile investment since then its definitely not been - they talk a talk but have failed to solve anything. .
    Its hard for them to do anything. They're representing the little guy and have no leverage against government.

Compare that to large unions or the CBI who are so big and powerful that Prime ministers want to go to their conferences.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    When? The IPSE/PCG of 2014 was a worthwhile investment since then its definitely not been - they talk a talk but have failed to solve anything.
    Since then.

The forum bollocksmiths are well known

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    When? The IPSE/PCG of 2014 was a worthwhile investment since then its definitely not been - they talk a talk but have failed to solve anything.

Oh and you still haven't said what advice on here is incorrect.
    I have IPSE+ for the purposes of legal representation. That's it.
    QDOS is quite (very) expensive in comparison for their TLC35 cover, admittedly they'll coguh up some money if you lose.

If IPSE+ legal representation isn't very good, who would you recommend just for that?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I speak as someone who was successfully defended in two investigations as part of the IPSE services a years Perkbox is the sweetener and means it pays for itself even in years when the revenue aren't causing hassle.

Oh and you still haven't said what advice on here is incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Says someone who thinks IPSE actually offers anything useful to a contractor beyond expensive access to Perkbox.
    I speak as someone who was successfully defended in two investigations as part of the IPSE services a years Perkbox is the sweetener and means it pays for itself even in years when the revenue aren't causing hassle.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Agencies having multiple contractors onsite is no biggie, it's very common and no cause for concern

There are some people offering bad advice in this thread - usually best to do the exact opposite of what they say for a happy and fulfilling contracting career

And yes, your client will determine your status from April - it won't automatically cause a problem retroactively, but that alone shouldn't be the reason you're not covered. Did you get a contract review and have you got IPSE Plus?

If you didn't get the review take that as a lesson for next time (I didn't get my first one reviewed either after accepting the recruiter line that "they don't make changes", something I've since learnt was bollocks - but you can still get IPSE+.
    Says someone who thinks IPSE actually offers anything useful to a contractor beyond expensive access to Perkbox.

Could you actually point out what advice you think is wrong as you haven't actually said anything beyond the opinion of some people (who I won't mention) is wrong and it's very likely that other people have already done more to contradict them than you have.
    Last edited by eek; 19 February 2021, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Agencies having multiple contractors onsite is no biggie, it's very common and no cause for concern

There are some people offering bad advice in this thread - usually best to do the exact opposite of what they say for a happy and fulfilling contracting career

And yes, your client will determine your status from April - it won't automatically cause a problem retroactively, but that alone shouldn't be the reason you're not covered. Did you get a contract review and have you got IPSE Plus?

If you didn't get the review take that as a lesson for next time (I didn't get my first one reviewed either after accepting the recruiter line that "they don't make changes", something I've since learnt was bollocks) - but you can still get IPSE+.
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 19 February 2021, 12:00.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You'll be treated as an employee of the consultancy when working for the client site and it's highly likely the consultancy will also treat you like a permie while you are as well. You'll be doing exactly the same as their perms and you'll all be expected to perform in the same way so SDC, no subs etc. Not a good IR35 position.
    I presume he has no contractual relationship with the external consultancy. His contract is with the client.
    The other consultancy just happens to be onsite at the same time.

Unless the OP has been told to by the client that his work is being managed by the consultancy, is subject to their control, this all seems irrelevant to me.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 18 February 2021, 11:15.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by biergarten View Post
    I just ignore them.
    ignoring somebody is not something you can evidence that they have no influence, either contractually or in practise, over you and your work.

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You'll be treated as an employee of the consultancy when working for the client site and it's highly likely the consultancy will also treat you like a permie while you are as well. You'll be doing exactly the same as their perms and you'll all be expected to perform in the same way so SDC, no subs etc. Not a good IR35 position.
    mmm, strange, i don't see the danger with the consultancy.

i see it as a project with two consultancy firms working side-by-side, one of them is a one-man company. In fact, I realised the consultancy company sees me as a client employee, as for example I have a client email, contrary to the consultants (and in my paranoia, i think that could have saved my ass). And the consultancy company have their own architect and decision makers not integrated in the team, but that any consultant member of the team has to go through them to communicate with the client company. Not my case, I just ignore them.

pd - on a side note, once the ir35 legislation applies, as it is up to the client companies to declare the in/out status if they say a contract is out, that's? even if they do it wrongly, not my problem retroactively, or?
    Last edited by biergarten; 17 February 2021, 22:24.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    what?

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Inside IR35 tastic

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    what?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    yeah, sorry for not posting a follow-up.

I started on the day expected and from the first day I could see it was ok, or at least like any other contract I had previously. Although I went a bit paranoid as from the second day in my "one-week interview" I was placed in a team all integrated by consultants of the same external company. but they are fine, lol.

at the end i have monthly payment terms, for a proper happy close have to wait till around the 10th of march
    Inside IR35 tastic

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• biergarten
    replied
    yeah, sorry for not posting a follow-up.

I started on the day expected and from the first day I could see it was ok, or at least like any other contract I had previously. Although I went a bit paranoid as from the second day in my "one-week interview" I was placed in a team all integrated by consultants of the same external company. but they are fine, lol.

at the end i have monthly payment terms, for a proper happy close have to wait till around the 10th of march

Leave a comment:

Working...
X