• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor Mortgage"

Collapse

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post
    Dear Northern Lad

The constant posting, carping and superiority is wearing!
    You are wasting your breath there, he will never stop, has no job at all or one that takes so little effort he can spend the entire day posting tripe on here. Just add him to block and move on like I have done.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That's strange as I was told that Scooter won this year's poster of the year award for his insightful share analysis.
    I was told it was due to graph quality.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nothing superior, just a black and white fact. You don't earn £700 a day which is key fsct when talking to a mortgage advisor. If you claimed that you'd be committing fraud. Just pointing it out as it's a very common mistake new contractors make.

P. S. I won it this year at the CUK Awards but there was a technical hitch and the stream ended before they announced it. They've not sent me email confirmation uet either but we do have a pandemic going on so the delay is understandable.
    That's strange as I was told that Scooter won this year's poster of the year award for his insightful share analysis.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Dear Northern Lad

You were a "personality" on this forum in 2011.

10 years later in 2021 maybe give it a break so you don't add the moniker "disorder" to the personality.

Nothing superior, just a black and white fact. You don't earn £700 a day which is key fsct when talking to a mortgage advisor. If you claimed that you'd be committing fraud. Just pointing it out as it's a very common mistake new contractors make.

P. S. I won it this year at the CUK Awards but there was a technical hitch and the stream ended before they announced it. They've not sent me email confirmation uet either but we do have a pandemic going on so the delay is understandable.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 January 2021, 00:12.

Leave a comment:

• silverlight1
    replied
    No you don't.
    Dear Northern Lad

You were a "personality" on this forum in 2011.

10 years later in 2021 maybe give it a break so you don't add the moniker "disorder" to the personality.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    I did exactly this with Nationwide last year, after my broker didn't return my calls. Everything done online in 20min, they didn't ask for any documents. I'm on 1.19% variable rate and there was no fee. I actually got paid cashback too. No solicitor fees either as it was the same lender.
    Hardly surprising.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by silent bob View Post
    Not really sure if I've put this in the correct section, but anyway
    My mortgage is due for renewal, so my contractor mortgage bloke has been in touch with some figures for my next fixed rate.
    However, in my online mortgage banking app, it's offering me the same deal but a few quid less than he's quoted.
    Are there any issues with me taking up the online offer?
    Just wasn't sure if that was geared towards a more normal mortgage (ie. for a permie rather then contractor), and may cause me issues further down the line. Or whether they'll already know I'm a contractor as I've always been a contractor since having my mortgage with them???
    Just wondering if anyone can shed any light? or have pearls of wisdom???
    The broker gets paid what is know as a "proc fee" and then adds on a "broker fee". The few pounds maybe the broker fee.

It's really down to how much you value his "being in touch".

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I said "but I earn £700 in a day!!"

Wouldn't budge, ridiculous...
    No you don't.

Leave a comment:

• NowPermOutsideUK
    replied
    I’m with Halifax and always product transfer with them because I no longer meet criteria so in effect a mortgage prisoner

Halifax intermediary rates are 1.2% 60% ltv 2 year fixed but you still need a broker to submit the application otherwise they charge you more

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    I did exactly this with Nationwide last year, after my broker didn't return my calls. Everything done online in 20min, they didn't ask for any documents. I'm on 1.19% variable rate and there was no fee. I actually got paid cashback too. No solicitor fees either as it was the same lender.
    Last edited by zonkkk; 25 November 2020, 22:38.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    unless there's a really compelling reason to move then stay with the same lender and take their better offer.

And a reminder..... Check the fees for new mortgages. A very low rate, with a large entry fee, is often not good value.

Leave a comment:

• silverlight1
    replied
    It can prove very challeging moving the mortgage to another bank.

I remember applying for a mortage with HSBC a few years back and sitting in the bank the mortgage advisor said to me after reviewing all the paperwork and company finances showing a 10% increase in turnover year on year for almost 7 years...

"We're really sorry Mr Silverlight but we cannot offer you a mortgage because we don't beleive you can afford the monthly repayments of £550 per month"

I said "but I earn £700 in a day!!"

Wouldn't budge, ridiculous...

Recently moved to Scottish Widows bank on a 1.54 fixed 5 year offset mortgage and this was a contractor mortage and not overely painful

Happy to recomend my advisor if you DM me

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I'd say this. I've taken up the banks offer a few times and it was just a matter of a couple of signatures and done (RBS) so very simple. Going to a diff company will require the full raft of paperwork again. I'd take the bank one up all day if the rate was comparable.
    Exactly this: a product transfer is the easiest thing to do. My broker has often told me that it's quicker for me to do it myself, even though he'd get commission for doing it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Manic View Post
    You could, maybe, call them?

I'd guess they are making the offer based on what they know about you.
    I'd say this. I've taken up the banks offer a few times and it was just a matter of a couple of signatures and done (RBS) so very simple. Going to a diff company will require the full raft of paperwork again. I'd take the bank one up all day if the rate was comparable.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Definitely worth having a chat with them to understand on what basis the offer has been made and what evidence they will need to proceed.

Also mention it to your broker and see if they can get you the same deal...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X