• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of the Market"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post

The feck, those are £10k a pop?
    Not if stole them they weren't.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post

I only have 2 bikes. Both are Dogma F's.
    The feck, those are £10k a pop?

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied

Don't drive a ferrari to deliver take away meals. There are lots of second hand commuter hybrid bikes on ebay and gumtree now. Get one of those if you're going to progress with a temporary delivery job.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    I love cyclists! - MAMIL's- yum!
    couldn't eat a whole one though.

Leave a comment:

• SchumiStars
    replied

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
    I just re-watched it. All good but I wouldn't do it on that bike. Position is too aggressive, the box was all but parallel to the ground. I'd either do it on a nice flat bar bike with relaxed geometry or I'd get one of those front rack and put the box on it.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post

£135? I get that going to the toilet on ClientCo's dime.
    in the toilets during work hours is nothing to be proud of, even if you are getting paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied

Thanks. Just watched it. He did 10hrs Fri night, Sat am, 10hrs, ~50miles, £135.00. I might just register and have a go. Does look like fun TBH.

​​​​
    £135? I get that going to the toilet on ClientCo's dime.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    I just re-watched it. All good but I wouldn't do it on that bike. Position is too aggressive, the box was all but parallel to the ground. I'd either do it on a nice flat bar bike with relaxed geometry or I'd get one of those front rack and put the box on it.

Leave a comment:

• SchumiStars
    replied

Great, so you already have a bike and the necessary accessories.

Initial cost = 0

You can make money from the start with deliveroo and just eat.

I remember seeing a GCN youtube video where one of the presenters did exactly that and showed clearly how much money he made by doing food deliveries.
    Thanks. Just watched it. He did 10hrs Fri night, Sat am, 10hrs, ~50miles, £135.00. I might just register and have a go. Does look like fun TBH.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied

Initial cost = 0

I remember seeing a GCN youtube video where one of the presenters did exactly that and showed clearly how much money he made by doing food deliveries.
    So how much was it?

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied

Initial cost = 0

Leave a comment:

• SchumiStars
    replied

Even better. Get yourself a bike (or an e-bike if your fitness is not there yet) and do just eat/deliveroo deliveries. Get some money and stay in the best shape of your life.
    Fitness is ok.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Market not looking great for UX/UI Design roles so it's a good thing my contract has been extended until the end of the year.
    Also, client asked if I would ever consider going permanent, to which I said I would but only next year because now I need contractor's money. So yeah, 2025 will be the year I stop contracting it would appear.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied

Might get myself a Prius and start Uber and give up now.
    ​​​​
    Even better. Get yourself a bike (or an e-bike if your fitness is not there yet) and do just eat/deliveroo deliveries. Get some money and stay in the best shape of your life.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    replied
    [url]I would personally love being in a (London) office. Would be so great to be back in the buzz of things.
    Oh yeah, what a buzz! Wasting my life on public transport for 3 hours a day so I can sit at a desk dealing with end users who are all in different countries.

I did that in the City for 30+ years, I can cope without the buzz ta very much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X