• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "State of the Market"

Collapse

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

More than they do for me, lazy feckers. The idiots don't even bother to read my LI profile for the role that I am of course, "a perfect fit" for.

I lost it a bit yesterday:

"Where on my profile, that you obviously couldn't be bothered to read, does it say I've used or listed as a skill: Tableau?"

qh
    You should be proud that the Agent has more confidence in you than you have about yourself . Tableau easy to learn. One weekend is more than enough to bluff our way!

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

'Just' a coder?
    I know, eh? He should have said code-monkey.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

BI is BI.
    I'm not sure why you would limit yourself to a specific product unless you're just a coder.
    'Just' a coder?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

More than they do for me, lazy feckers. The idiots don't even bother to read my LI profile for the role that I am of course, "a perfect fit" for.

"Where on my profile, that you obviously couldn't be bothered to read, does it say I've used or listed as a skill: Tableau?"

qh
    BI is BI.
    I'm not sure why you would limit yourself to a specific product unless you're just a coder.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It seems to be picking up. Getting lots of email approaches and occasional calls. The emails even show evidence that the sender has read my CV.

qh

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It seems to be picking up. Getting lots of email approaches and occasional calls. The emails even show evidence that the sender has read my CV.

Leave a comment:

• Bluenose
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Move over, I am back on the bench for a hopefully brief period.
    Best market ever apparently, you’ll be the Guinea pig for this theory seagull on the basis of your reliability.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Move over, I am back on the bench for a hopefully brief period.

Leave a comment:

• BrandNewOne
    replied
    Not looking for received two calls where recruiters were trying to sell you a permanent position from a contract one. What's that about?

Leave a comment:

• founder
    replied
    Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Good news then.

"Researchers suggest that the shortage of skilled workers will remain a challenge for the next five years." So another 5 years for contractors to ask for (and get) rate increases and get a chunky warchest.
    lets hope so

first person to 1000 pd outside, gets the prize

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As long as it's booming in Q1 next year when I start looking, that's all I care about.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by coe123 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58874657

Applies to Contracting too with a section of European workers gone/unable to take up new roles without a Visa.

Good news then.

"Researchers suggest that the shortage of skilled workers will remain a challenge for the next five years." So another 5 years for contractors to ask for (and get) rate increases and get a chunky warchest.

Leave a comment:

• coe123
    replied
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58874657

Applies to Contracting too with a section of European workers gone/unable to take up new roles without a Visa.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Market seems booming for both contracts and permie roles.

Dozens of new jobs coming up everyday on jobserve. Remote opportunities are getting more common.

I haven't seen the market this busy for a long time. I think it's the last busy period before the Christmas lull.

Leave a comment:

• bythescruff
    replied
    It’s suddenly gone nuts over here. Three months on the bench with several calls a day to say nothing more than, “we’ll be in touch if anything comes up,” and then this past week I've had six calls about specific clients, five interviews scheduled, two interviews done, and two offers received. I’ve accepted one which is paying 30% more than my previous best. I haven’t had this much interest in this short a period since the dot com bubble.

(Software engineer doing embedded C++ and Python.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X