• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Representing CUK Brexiteers"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    A few more days, and still Old Bean fails to provide any evidence of his claim, but is happy that others have changed the subject in the hope that he can continue in his fake news world and not have to face up to the lies he believes/tells.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    WTFH has highlighted the press are selling papers based on the problem of migration, the conversation has finally changed from "its racist to challenge migration" to "what are we going to do about migration its obviously not working" I think that is progress. We are still listening to a litany of "all Immigration is good" & "how dare you suggest some immigrants are bad".
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, you are listening to "All immigration is evil", "all immigrants steal jobs", "all immigrants are on benefits", etc, and when challenged, you claim that it's false and that you have to put up with a litany of "all immigration is good".
    If you are hearing that "all immigration is good" so often, could you please point to one headline in the Daily Mail which says that. Or any other media outlet that you rely on for your news.
    Try the BBC & the Guardian.
    I asked you to provide me with a link to a headline not a vague comment about looking at two news sources. Just a link to somewhere that specifically says "all immigration is good".

If you haven't got that link, then that would imply you have been sucked in to the propaganda of the Daily Wail.

I realise you'd prefer to change the subject, or go on the attack in some other direction, but all I'd like is an actual link to an actual headline from the BBC or the Guardian (since you have suggested they have specifically said it) where they have said it.
    According to the propaganda man who can't find a link to back up his wildly inaccurate opinion, he expects that anyone born in the UK whose mother is not born in the UK to be treated as an immigrant. Doesn't matter whether his mother is British or not, if she wasn't born in the UK, then the child can never be considered British.
    I put plenty of links up and asked you direct questions you ignored them.
    You put up zero links to the BBC or Guardian. Then in your last post you linked to think tank reports that accuse the BBC of being pro-immigration but you still have failed 100% to point to a BBC or Guardian headline which states "all Immigration is good" & "how dare you suggest some immigrants are bad".
    Until you do so, you are either an innocent person who has been duped by the propaganda machine or you are a liar who refuses to disagree with the propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    you are a effing moron
    For presenting the facts - lol - open your eyes pal.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    You calling 29% of Black 32% of Asians racist?
    you are a effing moron

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Representing CUK Brexiteers

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    So blacks or Asians can't be racists? What a BS
    You calling 29% of Black 32% of Asians racist?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Resources are finite. Do you want to live in an ever more population dense world?
    It’s a big worry. Ultimately we may need to colonise space; but by that point will we have the resources to do it?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Well 37% is a significant minority.
    So is 48%, but the Brexiteers are very keen to completely ignore and belittle 48% of the population.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    A few observations;

Social cohesion is strained with insufficient resources. Further demand from migrants for inadequate integration resources is going to cause problems.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...iew_Report.pdf

In terms of ethnic breakdown of brexit votes, of those who voted brexit;

37% mixed race
    29% Black
    32% Asian

And 26% of LibDems voted leave.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/wp-conte...FINAL-WEB2.pdf

I get so utterly bored of the argument that it was a racist gammon right wing vote.

It wasn’t.
    So blacks or Asians can't be racists? What a BS

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Resources are finite. Do you want to live in an ever more population dense country?

All those who use the Gammon insult are racist.
    Resources are finite. Do you want to live in an ever more population dense world?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No we aren't. It's your political beliefs that make you a Gammon, not the colour of your skin, your ethnicity or your religion.
    That’s Bull tulip Mr racist.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Resources are finite. Do you want to live in an ever more population dense country?

No we aren't. It's your political beliefs that make you a Gammon, not the colour of your skin, your ethnicity or your religion.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Agreed, as a generalisation. However, given that various other reports also show (generally) that migrants provide a positive fiscal return to the country, the problem appears to be successive (Tory?) governments not channelling the available resources effectively.

So, your figures show a minority of minorities?

Regardless, not all Leave voters are racist right wing gammons. But all racist right wing gammons are Leave voters :-)

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    A few observations;

Social cohesion is strained with insufficient resources. Further demand from migrants for inadequate integration resources is going to cause problems.

Agreed, as a generalisation. However, given that various other reports also show (generally) that migrants provide a positive fiscal return to the country, the problem appears to be successive (Tory?) governments not channelling the available resources effectively.

37% mixed race
    29% Black
    32% Asian

I get so utterly bored of the argument that it was a racist gammon right wing vote.

It wasn’t.
    So, your figures show a minority of minorities?

Regardless, not all Leave voters are racist right wing gammons. But all racist right wing gammons are Leave voters :-)

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Representing CUK Brexiteers

A few observations;

37% mixed race
    29% Black
    32% Asian

It wasn’t.
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 25 August 2018, 14:49.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yes agreed and I pointed to the law that said that.

The study counts the effects of immigration not whether people have citizenship. It is a count of the effects. You seem to want to hide the effect of immigration by saying those that get citizenship or are born to those who obtain it are not a result of immigration. I am not sure I can explain it any more simply.
    I can't see anything about the effects - the study incorrectly calls children of immigrants, immigrants, in order to wrongly inflate the numbers.
    Of course you could then take the children of those children and their children and the numbers will obviously look truly astonomical. So where do you stop?
    Even your CSE in maths should understand that

I'm still worried about your stable & BNP obsession why do you keep quoting those idiots?
    I don't think even you are as stupid as this. The BNP don't accept children of immigrants as British, as you have done throughout all this thread.

You've been exposed as a racist (in the classic sense of the word) and you're desperately wriggling to get out of it, as is your wont.
    I don't suppose you're fooling many, though.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Being born to a British citizen in the UK gives you citizenship rights.

The study incorrectly counted as immigrants people who were born in the UK to British citizens.

The only party that has distinguished British born citizens of immigrant stock from British born citizens of indigenous stock (as MW did in the study and which you support) is the BNP.
    Hence the phrase the BNP use: "A dog born in a stable is not a horse".

Now I know you aren't the smartest person in the world (I'm being understated of course) but which about the above are you struggling with/disagree with?
    Yes agreed and I pointed to the law that said that.

The study counts the effects of immigration not whether people have citizenship. It is a count of the effects. You seem to want to hide the effect of immigration by saying those that get citizenship or are born to those who obtain it are not a result of immigration. I am not sure I can explain it any more simply.

Its like saying when your brain dribbles out your ears following your fourth crayon up the nose you say - don't worry that isn't my brain I have reclassified it as snot and it wasn't caused by crayons up the nose.

I'm still worried about your stable & BNP obsession why do you keep quoting those idiots?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X