• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "TAX efficient accountant / umbrella wanted !"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You seem to be confused between umbrella companies and offshore potential tax dodges.
    To be fair, that's how most of them advertise themselves. The unwary and the foolish fail to make the distinction.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    TAX efficient accountant / umbrella wanted !

You seem to be confused between umbrella companies and offshore potential tax dodges.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
    Large umbrellas are stable ? Perhaps you want to say that to the Montpolier ( or whatever was called ) contractors or other bigfts that have attracted attention.
    Are you sure what you just said is correct?

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Why. Large umbrella's are stable and know what they are doing small ones run greater risks.

You seem to want to pull a fast one on someone or other and I can't work out why.
    Large umbrellas are stable ? Perhaps you want to say that to the Montpolier ( or whatever was called ) contractors or other bigfts that have attracted attention.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    k thanks cojak i will pm them. What I am looking for is a smaller umbrella, not any of the mainstream vehicles. Size matters
    Why. Large umbrella's are stable and know what they are doing small ones run greater risks.

You seem to want to pull a fast one on someone or other and I can't work out why.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I suspect the reality is one or the other, not both.

Anyway, there are service providers on here, do your own research and PM them. I'm sure geoff from contracta IOM, sal626, vallah, breeze etc. would just love to talk to you.
    k thanks cojak i will pm them. What I am looking for is a smaller umbrella, not any of the mainstream vehicles. Size matters

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I suspect the reality is one or the other, not both.

Anyway, there are service providers on here, do your own research and PM them. I'm sure geoff from contracta IOM, sal626, vallah, breeze etc. would just love to talk to you.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    Seriously, anyone can recommend me a safe/efficient vehicle ?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Irrelevant posts get deleted. Any further derailing posts in this thread will incur my wrath...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    What is disgusting is that UK agencies refuse to work with EU Umbrellas for UK clients. This is disgusting, in breach of EU law. Ahh who am i kidding.
    EU law allows you to work through any EU company, but, it must be registered with the local tax authority. Your non-UK brolly wasn't. If your non-UK brolly were to register with the UK authorities with a UK tax nr you should have no problem working through it.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you don't like there policies don't work with them, simple

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    What is disgusting is that UK agencies refuse to work with EU Umbrellas for UK clients. This is disgusting, in breach of EU law. Ahh who am i kidding.
    If you don't like there policies don't work with them, simple

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    EU directives are supposed to be incorporated into National Law where possible but not to put Home Nation citizens at a disadvantage.

For example EU directives are ok with an unmarried partner where one partner is non-EU, so you can on the face of it wander around the EU with your Thai partner freely. But countries like Germany don't have an law allowing importation of Thai partners for their own citizens, so cannot incorporate the the directive as it puts their own citizens at a disadvantage.

I suppose its the same for the use of other State brollies, would using yours disadvantage UK citizens? In any case I doubt there is a directive on this, so the point is moot.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    plenty of EU countries that insist you use a home based brolly in their countries too you know.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    As a non UK national I should get to pay tax and social in my primary jurisdiction for the first 6 months , UK agents don't seem to be aware of this legislation though.
    There's no reason why you can't - but you will need to contact HMR&C to arrange the appropriate paperwork

Leave a comment:

Working...
X