• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TAX efficient accountant / umbrella wanted !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAX efficient accountant / umbrella wanted !

If you know one, you can refer to me in an IM if you know an accountant or umbrella in the UK that can offer me high retention. ( I am not a UK national )

I have been using a Luxembourg umbrella lately, but this time the UK agency wants to work with a UK limited.

Really appreciated and a honest request.

Have you attempted to do any research whatsoever??

Go to the homepage of this site (click the logo at the top), scroll down and on the left hand side will be a box titled service providors. In there are a list of accountants and umbrellas for you. From there on in you need to do some ringing around.

Alternatively you could look in the Umbrella section, stickied at the top of the Accounting/Legal forum (which this post should have been in) and look through the threads and you will find one of the prolific posters of quality information is an Umbrella. That should be reference enough IMO.

While you are in the Accounting Section have a look at the thread about Loans from EBT's and learn why the very best retention rates are not always the best option.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
      If you know one, you can refer to me in an IM if you know an accountant or umbrella in the UK that can offer me high retention. ( I am not a UK national )

I have been using a Luxembourg umbrella lately, but this time the UK agency wants to work with a UK limited.

Really appreciated and a honest request.
      If your contract is over 3 months and in the higher tax rate potential, I'm thinking the limited company route is your first port of call you ring around before researching umbrella's.
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/sallyfletcher

Comment

Originally posted by Sally@InTouch View Post
        If your contract is over 3 months and in the higher tax rate potential, I'm thinking the limited company route is your first port of call you ring around before researching umbrella's.
        No just 3 months initially, the agency wants to work with a UK limited.

Comment

No just 3 months initially, the agency wants to work with a UK limited.
          They most likely want you to trade this way because they "believe" it will protect them from the agency workers regs (AWR), which, it will if you fall outside IR35 as a genuine business, but not so if you fall inside the rules. Maybe have your contract reviewed for it's status first. Do you expect the contract to be extended? If not, are you likely to secure future contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Have you attempted to do any research whatsoever??

Go to the homepage of this site (click the logo at the top), scroll down and on the left hand side will be a box titled service providors. In there are a list of accountants and umbrellas for you. From there on in you need to do some ringing around.

Alternatively you could look in the Umbrella section, stickied at the top of the Accounting/Legal forum (which this post should have been in) and look through the threads and you will find one of the prolific posters of quality information is an Umbrella. That should be reference enough IMO.

While you are in the Accounting Section have a look at the thread about Loans from EBT's and learn why the very best retention rates are not always the best option.
            As a non UK national I should get to pay tax and social in my primary jurisdiction for the first 6 months , UK agents don't seem to be aware of this legislation though.

Comment

As a non UK national I should get to pay tax and social in my primary jurisdiction for the first 6 months , UK agents don't seem to be aware of this legislation though.
              If you are referring to "agencies" as agents then your personal taxes and where they are due is of no concern to them if your'e trading through a limited company. As for accountants, they should be familiar with the 183 day rules etc and double taxation treaties.

I really would advise talking to a professional as advice is based upon the day rate, your marital status to name just a couple. Possibly not information you'd want to share in a public forum!

Comment

What is disgusting is that UK agencies refuse to work with EU Umbrellas for UK clients. This is disgusting, in breach of EU law. Ahh who am i kidding.

Comment

What is disgusting is that UK agencies refuse to work with EU Umbrellas for UK clients. This is disgusting, in breach of EU law. Ahh who am i kidding.
                  In my opinion this is to do with UK legislation, not EU There is a myriad surrounding the contracting industry. AWR, MSC, IR35, S660A Income shifting. Not to name some EBT schemes that have left many contractors out of pocket to the tune of losing their house. It's all about protecting themselves as best they can as they can be liable for a transfer of debt where taxes by the candidate are not met. Hence not touching anything that is not UK based. Sound business practice.

Comment

Is that the same EU that banned the sale of bananas and cucumbers that were excessively curved? Yeah great stuff, lets have more EU laws....
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X