• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody CODE39 barcode fonts
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      It does make a difference, doesn't it?
      Very much so

I couldn't believe how smoothly it's running - it hadn't seemed particularly bad before, but now it's positively purring

They didn't have to replace the cam belt either, though they did check it. This is the opposite of the time I took it in intending to ask them to check it but forgot, and they spotted it anyway.

Oh, and they put new wiper blades on, which was one of those things I've been reminded of every time it's rained for the past month or two, and have then forgotten about

Comment

One of the things I hated about my Passat was that some clown had put RainX or something similar on the windscreen, so the wipers permanently made that hideous screeching noise.

I changed the blades for some Bosch ones & the wiper motor gave up the ghost.

I was considerably impressed, I can tell you.

The cheapo replacement started making a funny noise after 3 years or so & I found it was full of water.

By which time it didn't really matter coz the gearbox packed up which wrote the car off.

Though it still sits in the garage waiting for me to scrap it...

Nice car apart from that.

Comment

Nice car apart from that.
          And the dead driver's door window motor, and the antilock brake controller thingie.

Comment

And the dead driver's door window motor, and the antilock brake controller thingie.
            They got my front windows working again by cleaning out the switches and spraying some of that stuff in there that improves electrical contacts.

They no longer make any comment about the offside rear door from a different Orion that's been sitting in the boot for the last two years

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              They got my front windows working again by cleaning out the switches and spraying some of that stuff in there that improves electrical contacts.

They no longer make any comment about the offside rear door from a different Orion that's been sitting in the boot for the last two years
              Ah, but these are VW door motors.

With a chip in...

A mere £320 or was it £240?

I forget...

No aftermarket supplier either...

Presumably canbus or somesuch.

Comment

Hurrah!

It's stopped raining quite so heavily...

I may not get soaked through on the way home...

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Byeeee

Bye Zeity

Comment

Hurrah!

It's stopped raining quite so heavily...

I may not get soaked through on the way home...
                      It's very sunny and warm here - just what I needed for carting several bags of newspapers and glass to the car, to drop off at the recycling thingies later

Our council-supplied recycling bins (one each for glass, paper, and plastic bottles) disappeared shortly after they were deployed. As far as I can tell they must be the spare ones outside the place two doors down - I can't see any other reason why they should have two of each.

Unfortunately they're always too full to bother reclaiming, usually with vodka bottles in the case of the glass one

Comment

Working...
                      X