• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    D'oh!
    cailin maith
    Bazzalike

century

Comment

The car is home again, now running very smoothly after its service

It turns out the funny noise from the back was caused by the exhaust being loose and scraping on stuff as it swung about when cornering

Other than that, the only thing needed was new shoes and cylinders for the rear brakes - the whole thing came to just over £260 including VAT, which was quite a bit less than I'd feared

Comment

D'oh!
        Well done CM
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          cailin maith
          Bazzalike

century
          Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Well done CM
          Thanks - been ages since I got one of them!!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Time to head back to the trading floor

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Time to head back to the trading floor
              Don't kill anyone
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Thanks - been ages since I got one of them!!
                I am wondering how many lurkers there will be.....
                How many Numpties pressing F5....
                And how many poachers there will be.........in...... Oh about an hour or so for the pretty wicked 181181 pali.......

Mmmmmmmm maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it....
                maybe I would have been able to sneak it unnoticed??????

Back from Bob Bhirianis "Scoff & Trough" <burp>.......
                Quite nice to have a Ruby for lunch occasionally....
                Mixed "Tandoori" Starters - Chicken and Lamb Kebabs, Tandoori Chicken & Onion Bhaji
                Lamb "Madras", Chicken "Tikka Massala", Vegetable "stuff", Mushroom "Stuff" side dish, Pillau Rice and a Naan.....

Plus Bob made me a Lussi/Lassi (sweet yoghurty drinky thing)......
                One Chap (prompted by my success) asked for a non-sweet Lussi/Lassi which was prompty served up....... very nice..... except for the Lawn Mower cuttings and odd bits of leaf...

Never understood it myself... the Sweet kind is nice, settles the pain if you over do the Chilli but just fairly pleasant with a Ruby anyway (loads better than Tulip lager... which I don't drink at any time let alone on a hot afternoon when I need to be back "on the job").... but the "other" kind.... Yeeuch! Who on earth wants garden waste liquidised in a milkshake????

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                  I am wondering how many lurkers there will be.....
                  How many Numpties pressing F5....
                  And how many poachers there will be.........in...... Oh about an hour or so for the pretty wicked 181181 pali.......

Mmmmmmmm maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it....
                  maybe I would have been able to sneak it unnoticed??????

Back from Bob Bhirianis "Scoff & Trough" <burp>.......
                  Quite nice to have a Ruby for lunch occasionally....
                  Mixed "Tandoori" Starters - Chicken and Lamb Kebabs, Tandoori Chicken & Onion Bhaji
                  Lamb "Madras", Chicken "Tikka Massala", Vegetable "stuff", Mushroom "Stuff" side dish, Pillau Rice and a Naan.....

Plus Bob made me a Lussi/Lassi (sweet yoghurty drinky thing)......
                  One Chap (prompted by my success) asked for a non-sweet Lussi/Lassi which was prompty served up....... very nice..... except for the Lawn Mower cuttings and odd bits of leaf...

Never understood it myself... the Sweet kind is nice, settles the pain if you over do the Chilli but just fairly pleasant with a Ruby anyway (loads better than Tulip lager... which I don't drink at any time let alone on a hot afternoon when I need to be back "on the job").... but the "other" kind.... Yeeuch! Who on earth wants garden waste liquidised in a milkshake????
                  Nutter.
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Nutter.
                    Oh.... <slightly bemused expression> What was that for???

I do not deny that I am a nutter... just wondering what made you point it out at this particular juncture?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The car is home again, now running very smoothly after its service

It turns out the funny noise from the back was caused by the exhaust being loose and scraping on stuff as it swung about when cornering

Other than that, the only thing needed was new shoes and cylinders for the rear brakes - the whole thing came to just over £260 including VAT, which was quite a bit less than I'd feared
                      It does make a difference, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X