• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Confusing.

What's this end title with print all about then?

And how did I do it?
    By all accounts vBulletin throws a wobbler if the last word in a thread title is "print". Although yours ended with "print..." which still seemed to give it a headache.
    WHS

And how then does one add a further post I wonder...
    That's slightly more complicated. It hinges on the fact that the "Reply to Thread" URL doesn't actually refer to the thread, but to the global CUK ID of the most recent post in the thread - in the case of the screen I'm on now that's http://forums.contractoruk.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=805105, where 805105 is Zeity's century tribute to VF above.

So if one goes to the member's page of the user who started the thread that's broken by the print bug, then select "Find more posts by" or "All threads started by", you can look through the list for that post and glean the global CUK ID of their post at the start of the thread from the links there.

Then just reply to anything at all, change the URL in the title bar to have that number, and hit Return to reload the reply page. You will find that you are now replying to the print-only thread.

Job done

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Crikey - what did you put in it!
        Arrrrr.... Ye Olde Legge Opener... a fine brew that...
        Brewed up a batch for a weekend away with a load of friends a few years back.

In his words they had been "banging away like a barn door in a gale" for two years with no results. They both got pissed on my homebrew on the saturday night and retired to their tent.

9 Months later she's giving birth, while cursing my name and the nurses are wondering who the hell "Dave" is cos thats not the fathers name.

Circumstances before and after the weekend in question meant it was pretty much confirmed that it must have been my brew that made the difference but they couldn't do me for maintenance cos they had drunk the evidence
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          WHS

That's slightly more complicated. It hinges on the fact that the "Reply to Thread" URL doesn't actually refer to the thread, but to the global CUK ID of the most recent post in the thread - in the case of the screen I'm on now that's http://forums.contractoruk.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=805105, where 805105 is Zeity's century tribute to VF above.

So if one goes to the member's page of the user who started the thread that's broken by the print bug, then select "Find more posts by" or "All threads started by", you can look through the list for that post and glean the global CUK ID of their post at the start of the thread from the links there.

Then just reply to anything at all, change the URL in the title bar to have that number, and hit Return to reload the reply page. You will find that you are now replying to the print-only thread.

Job done
          Aha, thats the bit I was missing, I knew there had to be a reference number somewhere

Oddly enough it looks like having just the word "Print" in the title is ok.

Comment

Bugger - just beat me to it
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Morning all.

Comment

WHS

Job done

Stunning...

What a senseless waste of hu-man endevour...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  9 Months later she's giving birth, while cursing my name and the nurses are wondering who the hell "Dave" is cos thats not the fathers name.

Comment

TPD in 4th place? This just won't do - have a bump.

Comment

Company appears to have hired a tramp to clean the windows.

Flat cap, suit jacket, scruffy beard, distinct allergy to deodorant

Comment

Working...
                      X