• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Comment

More spam from the past:
      Get Your 2007/2008 New Car Quote Now.

Fail

Comment

I'm backing up my web site, preparatory to upgrading WordPress.

Over the last few years, I've often sent large files to clients by uploading them to a suitably-named directory and emailing them a link. Unfortunately, I seldom bothered to delete them.

As a result, I'm now having to wait ages for a load of irrelevant garbage to download over FTP

Time for a clear-out before the WP upgrade, I think

Comment

Oh for gawds sake...

It's currently downloading loads of JSON files containing information about every TfL and Highways Agency traffic camera in London and the south-east. I've got a feeling there might be several copies of that data...

Comment

An outdated version of the YUI library is now whizzing over the wires...

Comment

And now, all the code for the old pop-up media player for Xfm

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                An outdated version of the YUI library is now whizzing over the wires...
                Oh goody - another copy

Comment

Oh for gawds sake...

It's currently downloading loads of JSON files containing information about every TfL and Highways Agency traffic camera in London and the south-east. I've got a feeling there might be several copies of that data...
                  Yup, here comes another lot

Comment

Yup, here comes another lot
                    Oh, my mistake - this seems to be the actual pictures from every traffic camera in London and the south-east. I can see what the traffic was like one afternoon about a year ago

Comment

For the first time since the summer of 2005, my web site no longer has a folder named "gcap" full of zip files, bits of code, and assorted data that needed to be moved back and forth between home, Bristol, and London.

As I was deleting it, it occurred to me that I contracted with Gcap from just after it was formed by the merger of GWR and Capital, to just before its takeover by Global Radio was completed, with the exception of 6 months at Yahoo!

Pretty good client, when you think of it

Gone now though - just like the folder

Comment

Working...
                      X