• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearly 2 hours no post?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      What is it about peanuts in their shells that makes them so morish?
      Don't you find the shells a bit dry?
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Don't you find the shells a bit dry?
        Yes. So I don't eat that part.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I would say it's the manual activity involved - so little reward for the effort that you just have to keep going to get some degree of ROI.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            nearly 2 hours no post?
            Sorry

Comment

Hmmm.....thread is still here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrity View Post
                Hmmm.....thread is still here!!!!

Comment

time for bed - night all

major major release this weekend - I might be all day clearing up the mess - interesrting to see when I make my first post tomorrow. but I am in at 6:30am so will try.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    time for bed - night all

major major release this weekend - I might be all day clearing up the mess - interesrting to see when I make my first post tomorrow. but I am in at 6:30am so will try.
                    Night Scourer

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      I would say it's the manual activity involved - so little reward for the effort that you just have to keep going to get some degree of ROI.
                      But the ROI is quite high; I can shell them slightly faster than eat them so I am continuously eating.

However, I do think you are half right about the manual effort. It is also engrossing activity requiring a nicely high level of concentration.
                      So it keeps your busy like chewing gum; it is just a bit fiddly so a pleasure comes from the little skill required; it is engrossing like colouring in; it is entertaining like soduku.

Plus, they're nice to eat.

It's almost a perfect pastime for an omnivorous mammal with opposable thumbs, high cerebral ability and bifocal vision.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X