• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I'd better start thinking about an avatar.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      The bedroom carpets aren't such a problem being plastic... however the staircarpet & the downstairs carpets are wool, so they have a field day with those...

I think the hoover does discourage them a bit coz I've got a lot less moths now that I have one that beats as it sweeps as it cleans...

It's also amusing watching the colour of the dust in the cleaner change colour according to the carpet you are currently vacuuming... I love the layered effect that one gets...

I'm a very sad person really...
      Not at all.

If people like us didn't notice things like that, the world would trundle along in its own simple way, and no progression would ever be made.

It's simple observations such as that which lead to progress

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I suppose I'd better start thinking about an avatar.
        And it appears that you have found one

This also discloses a bug in the existing strategy of testpleasedelete.com.

Currently, it simply checks, for every post it encounters, whether or not it has previously encountered the user. If not, it extracts the relevant information and adds them to its "tpd_users" table. If the user has an avatar, that link is included.

Clearly it also needs to check each post to see if a user who did not previously have an avatar now has an avatar, and if so, add a link thereto.

To be honest, its current behaviour when a user doesn't have an avatar is more an epiphenomenon than a strategy

Comment

I've just received an automated email suggesting that I burrow into the cellar and take a meter reading, so as to avoid an estimated bill.

Fair enough.

The email footer then includes the following:

Code:
          ___________________________ Disclaimer Notice ______________________
          This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by
          those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
          contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any
          distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore E.ON 
          does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is
          responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any
          views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
          necessarily represent those of E.ON.

Registered addresses:

E.ON UK Plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
          Registered in England and Wales No. 2366970

E.ON Energy Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
          Registered in England and Wales No. 3407430

E.ON Energy Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority 
          for the sale and service of general insurance products.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 192000
          Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432
          FFS you imbeciles... haven't you read Emily Postnews' Guide to Usenet Etiquette?

It applies to email as well, you know

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I've just received an automated email suggesting that I burrow into the cellar and take a meter reading, so as to avoid an estimated bill.

Fair enough.

The email footer then includes the following:

Code:
            ___________________________ Disclaimer Notice ______________________
            This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be read by
            those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
            contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any
            distribution or copying without our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore E.ON 
            does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The recipient is
            responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the contents. Any
            views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
            necessarily represent those of E.ON.

Registered addresses:

E.ON UK Plc, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
            Registered in England and Wales No. 2366970

E.ON Energy Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8LG.
            Registered in England and Wales No. 3407430

E.ON Energy Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority 
            for the sale and service of general insurance products.

Telephone +44 (0) 2476 192000
            Fax +44 (0) 2476 42 5432
            FFS you imbeciles... haven't you read Emily Postnews' Guide to Usenet Etiquette?

It applies to email as well, you know
            I agree.

tee hee
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Comment

Population
                1111 Revenues
                255050 € Unemployment 0 %
                Transport 100 %
                Criminality 1 %
                Pollution 2 %

rank=197

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Wavey wave.

How was the major major upgrade? Everything turned to rat excrement?

Comment

Rat excrement it is, then.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      Wavey wave.

How was the major major upgrade? Everything turned to rat excrement?
                      So far only false reports of issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X