• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spag bol time

Spag bol and The Sweeney on DVD - isn't the 21st century wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Hmm indeed.

I meant Role Playing Game. The list of options they give:

* Tabletop role-playing game
      * Computer role-playing game
      * Console role-playing game
      * Tactical role-playing game
      * Online text-based role-playing game

does not include Swords & Sorecery. The nearest is "tabletop role-playing game" says "in which participants usually sit around a table and conduct the game as a small social gathering". However, for S&S there is no need for models on a map. You can just lounge around on the floor / bean bags / sofa with your eyes mostly shut (usually drinking cider) and visualise the situation.

Much less nerdy and childish than Dungeons & Dragons.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Hmm indeed.

I meant Role Playing Game. The list of options they give:

* Tabletop role-playing game
        * Computer role-playing game
        * Console role-playing game
        * Tactical role-playing game
        * Online text-based role-playing game

does not include Swords & Sorecery. The nearest is "tabletop role-playing game" says "in which participants usually sit around a table and conduct the game as a small social gathering". However, for S&S there is no need for models on a map. You can just lounge around on the floor / bean bags / sofa with your eyes mostly shut (usually drinking cider) and visualise the situation.

Much less nerdy and childish than Dungeons & Dragons.

RPG is an abbreviation with several different meanings:

You didn't mean "Rocket-propelled grenade, a type of hand-held antitank weapon" then?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          I Don't need toys to satisfy my bird.

I have a Platinum card
          You need a platinum card to get one of those mates ring thingies? wow! I hope it is satisfaction guaranteed?

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I'm thinking of getting one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5POiXzetU

I could slip one of those over each of the little pots of paint I use for painting my model soldiers before a painting session. No need to shake 'n' stir. Kewl!

I'll order a dozen at once...
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Spag bol time

Spag bol and The Sweeney on DVD - isn't the 21st century wonderful
              Yeah, just like the 1980s but with taxation instead of inflation. :

Comment

full time 24-13

Comment

I am going to feed the baby then go to bed.

night all

Comment

You need a platinum card to get one of those mates ring thingies? wow! I hope it is satisfaction guaranteed?
                    winker
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

RPG is an abbreviation with several different meanings:

You didn't mean "Rocket-propelled grenade, a type of hand-held antitank weapon" then?
                      Now if you said that down at the wargames club I go to, you would get a very long and tedious lecture about how the definition "a type of hand-held antitank weapon" is actually quite incorrect.

So I don't start such conversations with that lot any more.

Bejesus, the hard-core tabletop wargamers are seriously devoted to accuracy. They're like trainspotters but with an auditor's mentality.

Comment

Working...
                      X