• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    84000 and didn't realize until I passed it. Should really have made that post deeply philosophical or something
    Instead I am prattling on about something as mundane as money
    Well, this is CUK.

And most people here are worshippers to Mammon.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Why does the work 'didicoi' spring to mind?
      Word

gypo

Why pay for a van when we have our own.

My whole family are in business and most own large vans & Trailers or trucks.
      The trailer & trucks will be used to move my workshop tools & equipment to the new house.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I was actually thinking of screwing a hairspray can top to the palm, that would slot over the gearstick and thus allow me to drive.
        Still too painful for that stunt yet

Well done!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I hope they haven't moved into the loft
          All their sweepings will end up in here
          That's OK. General is on the top so PCG's sweepings will feel at home there.

Comment

Wifey is up.
            She said she had a horrible dream. We were at the new house, and she woke up and came downstairs and I had thrown out her leather suite. thrown out the parquet flooring and dining table, and replaced it all with tatty furniture and a bright red carpet that didn't fit.
            I then refused to change it back.

come on. interpret that one then?
            She's got the decorators in?

How about a combination of impatience and fear it might not be perfect? She just needs her new nest to be ready so she can move into it.

Comment

Workshop tools include:

1/4 ton 12" blade tablesaw
              thicknesser planer
              router table (industrial)
              moulder
              bench morticer
              Wood turning lathe
              Radial arm saw (very large mounted)
              bench planer large
              bench dovetailer
              metal lathe
              pillar drills
              bench grinders
              bench linishers
              industrial dust & chip extractor
              compressors 2
              jig table
              steel cabinets
              parts washer
              numerous nail guns & air & power tools
              hand tools
              paints, glues, varnishes
              fixings
              aprox 1.5 ton of hardwood stock
              etc. etc. etc.
              I need trucks & trailers to move it all

Comment

That's OK. General is on the top so PCG's sweepings will feel at home there.

Comment

I have a nail gun remember
                  "... and I'm not afraid to use it."

I can just imagine it now:

"This is a Bosch BFG 9000, the most powerful nail gun in the world and would blow your hand clean off."

Do you remember that episode of The Young Ones where Vivian nailed his legs to the table? Or was it Mike?

Comment

"... and I'm not afraid to use it."

I can just imagine it now:

"This is a Bosch BFG 9000, the most powerful nail gun in the world and would blow your hand clean off."

Do you remember that episode of The Young Ones where Vivian nailed his legs to the table? Or was it Mike?
                    It was brilliant, it was vivian

Comment

"VYVYAN: Neil, is it really necessary to nail the plates to the table? What happens when we want to play Monopoly? Go directly to plate? Do not pass plate nailed to the table by a stupid hippie?"

Comment

Working...
                      X