• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    When I wanted to watch that on the telly, there was a power cut about 5 minutes from the end.

It was a few years until I saw the ending.

Life's like that - it gives you something to look forward to.

My big Amazon order the other week arrived via ParcelForce in one huge box on Monday morning before I went to London, but a book and a DVD were sent separately via Royal Mail. When I got home on the following Friday, the DVD was there but there was no sign of the book - no Post Office card saying "We tried to deliver" or some such.

I decided to give them some more time (because I had other stuff to think about) but when I got home this week, it still hadn't arrived.

Tonight, as I was going out, something popped into the corner of my eye as I went down the stairs - an Amazon parcel, on top of the cabinet in the hall containing the electric meters, and therefore about 8 feet off the ground.

It was the missing book.

I'm not sure if one of my neighbours placed it there thinking it would keep it safe, or if they were just taking the Michael by putting it somewhere one would never actually look

Either way, it turns out my book arrived ages ago, and I now have another place to look when checking the post.

(I actually started feeling the top of the cabinet to see if there was an "undeliverable item" card up there until I remembered that this was the item I thought hadn't been delivered )

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I need a pee now

just thought I'd share the moment
      If it's good enough for Carling Wotsit...

Comment

Oh! Ayres!!! I thought you said Anderson
        I enjoyed looking down Scarlet Johansson's (sp?) dress at work the other day - I don't think Pamela Anderson was invited to this one though

Although when I commented about some nonentity that "It's a nice dress, but you don't get much for the money" I made a sysadmin move towards the window so rapidly that clouds of documentation were left swirling in his wake
        Last edited by NickFitz; 24 February 2008, 03:39.

Comment

And? Are we going to get details?

How many times did you shake?

Is your damaged hand having an effect upon your aim?

Did you miss?

Did you flush?

(BI in DS23 questioning mode)
          When I blew my right hand up I found the most difficult thing was wiping my arse with my left hand. Very difficult and confusing

Comment

Wrong, it's Barry docks first for two 300 ton caissons
            Well, that told him

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Back in Real Time...

Now time to cuddle the cat...

Byeeeeeee
              Bye Zeity

Comment

It used to be like that with us, but not any more. We have moved into another phase. We do not yet know what that means: familiarity or comfort? Time will tell.
                Love. Not the lovey-dovey kind, but the kind that endures.

Like Diver and Mrs Diver.

You're lucky buggers you lot - don't muck it up

Comment

Anyway, having made into Real Time , I shall (regretfully) abandon TPD for a bit, turning instead to a book, audio-visual presentation, or just audio presentation.

Night denizens, if denizens there be

(I wonder if anybody will pick up on the Jerome K. Jerome reference there...)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Anyway, having made into Real Time , I shall (regretfully) abandon TPD for a bit, turning instead to a book, audio-visual presentation, or just audio presentation.

Night denizens, if denizens there be

(I wonder if anybody will pick up on the Jerome K. Jerome reference there...)
                    Bye Hairy one
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I should have come online at 5am when I woke up. We could of had a chat.
                      But when you wake up at 5am in screaming agony, the last thing on your mind is tpd.
                      Must have been the mother of all cramps in my bad hand that woke me, it left me pretty shaken I can tell yer.
                      I'm no stranger to pain, and I have a very high pain threshold, but this mornings was a doozy
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X