• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Assenture booted besuited barrow boys have joined the club recently. They seem very young and their expensive suits don't quite fit them properly. I wonder what they're up to.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Some Assenture booted besuited barrow boys have joined the club recently. They seem very young and their expensive suits don't quite fit them properly. I wonder what they're up to.
      We have those around here too. They seem young cause they are and I am only 32!
      Last edited by oracleslave; 24 January 2008, 16:17.

Comment

It seems to me that, the larger and more successful an organisation is, the more of it is held together with string, spittle, post-it notes and blu-tack behind the scenes.
        twonkaloons, the lot of them. Well, not the whole lot of them, there are some utter stars here, but an awful lot of people who don't seem to do any actual work. The contractors (for the most part) are fairly normal, and the minority of permies (the ones with 5 o'clock shadow, less hair and an unhappy home life) seem to be holding the majority afloat.
        Ah, it is the same everywhere, then

Comment

just ringing hmrc to try and get access to tax return
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            A Web Marketing Manager that doesn't know what a URL is. Is that for real or a wind up?
            No - that's absolutely true. And this is a FTSE, blue-chip jobby too. The interjection from this person, when I was speaking about a redirect they were ineffectually trying to communicate their need for (translating business-speak to normal English and then to IT jargon is becoming a key skill nowadays, but that's normal and ok, part of the job) was:
            'sorry, what?'
            'a URL - you know, a web address, the location of the page you see in the address bar at the top of your browser, like www.google.co.uk'
            'oh I don't do the technical side of things'
            'er... ok'

Comment

apparently I will not be able to fill in my return on line, I will have to pring off the paper copy and stick it in the post

Dont you just love HMRC for efficiency
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

RH - That was a very impressive rant

Here have a
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

'oh I don't do the technical side of things'
                  'er... ok'
                  outrageous

Comment

nevertheless are there any fit 'marketing' types about?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof View Post
                      apparently I will not be able to fill in my return on line, I will have to pring off the paper copy and stick it in the post

Dont you just love HMRC for efficiency
                      Meh - me too
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X