• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the Highways Agency one has broken CSS which doesn't display properly in Safari - it makes the page about eight times wider than the window, necessitating much sideways scrolling.

Comment

Odd really, because it displays OK in Firefox.

Never had a look in Opera, and can't be bothered to fire up a Windows VM to see what it looks like in IE.

Comment

However, neither the Beeb nor the HA would have helped with the freshly-prepared accident they'd laid on for us at Northampton

I suspect that I narrowly avoided running into an actual closure, given that there was both chunky and finely-ground debris across all three lanes... luckily the preceding traffic had picked up enough in its tyres that I was able to find a fairly clear path

Comment

Beer time. Ciao all

Comment

Checking both sites now reveals queues all the way back to Milton Keynes, so I think they must have closed it while they swept up the bits.

Comment

Nobody appeared to have been hurt, which is one good thing

There was a car whose offside rear door had had its outer skin peeled almost right off starting at the back and going towards the front of the car

Comment

As all this was just at the on-ramp of J15A, I assume the driver of said vehicle hadn't bothered checking out the bit in the Highway Code about not pulling out into a lane if a van going much faster than you is already in it and closing rapidly

Comment

From a quick glance there appeared to be four occcupants stood by the freshly-peeled vehicle, implying that one of them was sat on the inside of the door as the outside of it was torn off, probably at around 60mph. Bet it sounded interesting from their seat...
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 9 November 2007, 17:58. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Beer time. Ciao all
                    Adios

Comment

I've just had steak pie, chips, peas and gravy and now I have to magic myself out of the way before the other halves work collegues turn up for a "Body Shop" party.

Comment

Working...
                      X