• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday apparently.

Today's dream before waking involved getting a packet of frozen M&S fish to NK for some unknown reason.

Maybe Fatboy has a taste for it?

Along with adding number strings in hex for even less obvious reasons. I was glad to wake up.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of November 2019 I was watching BTVS & Angel, whereas NF was watching "The Wire" yet again & had reached The End, however on the 23rd I discovered that the jeans I was wearing on my stagger up the hill had added ventilation in the seat area and the 3 month old el not very cheapo chinese crap walking boots split, though they remained in use for some years with bread bags keeping my feet dry. The soles were as good as new when they were thrown away, despite the rest being beyond repair.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:26.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch has been more takeaway leftovers; specifically, a bit of chicken karachi and a chunk of naan

Comment

Not at all busy today, as I'm still working with a couple of people from another team and one is off while the other has lots of meetings

I spent some time (not much) confirming an idea I had this morning, and it will work as I expected, thereby removing the need for what was anticipated to be a separate chunk of work. And while investigating that, I happened to notice something else in a Stack Exchange answer which will save a few seconds, which is good as the end users have been grumbling about performance. So I have a couple of ideas to bring to the table tomorrow, should we back at full strength then

I just took advantage of the lack of busyness to pop round to the Post Office and post off copies of Commando to my siblings. And the pharmacy is only two or three shops along from there so I was able to pop in and get the monthly parcel of prescription drugs

This also counted as today's walk, so: green ring closed

Comment

Evening all

It's been a dull and overcast day but thankfully dry. It's currently 13 degrees down from today's high of 14. Barometer up from the past few days to 1022 mBar.

I was in the office today to meet with the person who wanted me to help on this extra project. Despite us sitting next to each other, the download of information didn't happen until 3pm. All still billable though.

Comment

Just noticed that a new series of Ambulance started on the BBC a few days ago. That'll kick off tea time viewing. This series is based in London.

Comment

Working...
              X