• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: ham toasties

These were made in the new Breville, and turned out very well

Comment

Gin cured trout for lunch.
      Slightly distracted by nestbox camera showing a great tit building a nest, and robin nest camera showing an adult feeding young.
      Meanwhile the amount of stuff that a blackbird is taking in to one of the bushes would make me think they may need to apply for planning permission soon.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all, Los Angeles calling, local time 0751

Clear sky. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to the airport for this morning's flight to JFK

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, Los Angeles calling, local time 0751

Clear sky. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to the airport for this morning's flight to JFK
          Surprised you're not flying to Heathrow for a flight back to JFK

Comment

Tea was a pork cutlet with chips and beans

That was accompanied by the C4 police thing in Brighton

And before and after, some more messing around with SceneKit

Finally, some more H. G. Wells

Early night now. I really need to get new curtains for the bedroom; the blind isn't adequate for keeping the morning light out, so it tends to wake me two or three times before I want to be woken

Goodnight all

Comment

Evening all, New York calling, local time 2244

Stormy weather here. Circled the airport for an hour before finally being able to land and subsequently missed our connection to London.

Now on a later flight, waiting to depart.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy start out. Comparatively mild at 8°C, and it'll soar to 15° later, though remaining cloudy; the barometers are up, albeit without much sense of conviction, at 986/994mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Evening all, New York calling, local time 2244

Stormy weather here. Circled the airport for an hour before finally being able to land and subsequently missed our connection to London.

Now on a later flight, waiting to depart.
                  Have a safe trip, when it finally happens

Comment

Morning all
                    Heavy rain overnight, and as our walk progressed the clouds lifted, now sunshine streaming in. 9.22km walked.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Zen chury Om. From when that was a thing on this dying board.

Morning.

Thursday.

Damp.

Grey.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

997.5 mBar, 29.456 in Hg, 748.18 Torr, 14.46 psi, (up from 996.5 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 13th of September 2019 the spider had rebuilt its web across the garden path in the self same place as the original that I'd destroyed fetching the washing in but I managed to avoid damaging it when bringing the jeans in off the line, in between watching the last of the Die Hard oevre, whilst NF enjoyed some roast chicken with red sauce for tea.

Turned sunny: walk (unabbreviated) walked to the res & down through the Gnoll.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: NZ customs thing: penis bone man.

Thought to mow a lawn or two this afternoon since it was dry: looked out of the back door expecting sunshine only to find I couldn't see the bottom of the garden with fine misty rain & misty mist.

Which has put off the lawn mowing Until Another Day.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing.

Veronica Mars S1 E3. "Meet John Smith". Dunno why I'm watching this with adverts: the dvds have been in the front room since 2015. I'd completely forgotten how that ended. .

Tea: soup etc.

The Mentalist S2 E6 "Black Gold & Red Blood". Jane ends up in gaol.

Trucking Hell S8 E10?
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 April 2024, 20:08.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X