• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFH
    replied
    As the requests start for “what do you want for your birthday?”
    Only to be told that 3l of shower gel is not an appropriate present, my thoughts turn to replacing the ride-on mower which has cost more in repairs than I spent buying it. Westwood T80 or Stihl RT5097Z.

Not sure that was part of the plan.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by Inside the Factory on the subject of paint and wallpaper, which included an interesting sidebar on dazzle camouflage

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ham sandwiches and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In all my years, there was one thing I had never done: had a Nando's, whether "cheeky" or otherwise. So in the spirit of discovery, I had one delivered for tea. Quite nice, all in all, so I may do that again some time
    Nandos - I give you............ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4f-5onlk6U

Edit: My apologies - That is "Paint 'em Back" :-(
    Last edited by Dactylion; 4 March 2024, 10:46.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^NF OM.

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 11.7 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9.5 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.312 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of September 2019 it was raining in parts, WTFH had to fix the chicken shed door, NF had a bad right ear, and that was about it apart from some cyclist falling in a pond behind some reporter or other, plus some comments regarding Mr Norway's epic "On the Beach" (of which I have both filmic realisations on dvd).

Dry didn't last long.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shanks' pony out in the rain, shanks' back in the rain.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on about charity shops. <click>

NZ Motorway Patrol. The puking Chinese bloke who can't blow, until he blows 477. Woman who can't wear a seatbelt.

NZ Customs thing. Some Irish Travellers, no sign of the caravan, horses, or scrap metal. . Back on the plane. On benefits apparently, since they were talking euros, one assumes not in the north. Chap with a concealed knuckle duster. Bad idea. Concealed succulent plants: that really pisses them off. Marmarated stink bugs: ditto.

Canadian customs thing. Usual dumb septics thinking that concealed carry works when you cross the border without declaring you have a glock in the glove compartment. I missed the bit where they found he had a 22LR round in his pocket. Chap flying from septicland to Toronto to Montreal to Germany then to Africa. Seems a long way around. Chap with two glocks, six knives, some handcuffs, and some knuckle dusters turned around at the border: glocks not allowed in despite his carry permit which, oddly, doesn't work in Canada. But at least he'd declared the guns so he got to keep them. I wonder how much time the importers of 3kg of weed got.

Pissing down now.

Oz customs thing. Oh wot a surprise: more Chinese Vietnamese "food", undeclared as ever. Couple from California with medical weed cards: she's bounteous, he's tattooed. She gets in, lovely pair of eyes, he gets busted for concealed weed. Oh dear(tm). Woman with crabs. Her granny had packed them. She got to keep the crabs but an insect infested bag of "seafood" was destroyed. Indian chap with "bad back", dog fighting vid on his phone, and strong trace of coke ketamine on a packet of "ginger powder" and ephedrine on something he sprinkled on his chew tobacco. Turned out to be nothing & went on his way sans his batphone which was confiscated & destroyed due to the vid.

I think I can spot a trend here.

UFO Hunter bollox on Blaze.

The Mentalist S1 E6.

NCIS S20 E6 "The good fighter". Undercover shenanigans.

Car SOS S11 E7 Ford Mondeo. Should be lots of welding in this one. Stone me. Lots of welding. Engine went to Cosworth & came back with a badge on the cam cover. Uprated brakes. Not very interesting. :. MOT ran out last September.

Well there's a thing: the light in the sky towards the north last night turned out to be an aurora. Maybe.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 March 2024, 22:46.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Blue sky with bits of fluff. Dry. Currently 1 degree with a high of 11 expected. Rain forecast for this evening. Barometer up to 1012 mBar.

Rubbish sleep. Tired. Off to the office.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny but frosty start. Currently 1°C, up from 0° forty minutes ago, but expected to soar to 10° in the afternoon, along with increased cloud cover. The barometers are up again at 997/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The drive to Sussex and back was uneventful. Lovely sunny day. I should have given the lawn its first cut but my brother came round and chatted until his wife told him to come home cos she was waiting to serve up dinner. By then it was cold and dark and I wasn't inclined to do any mowing.

The forecast for the latter half of this week is not good which is annoying as the grass will likely be too wet to cut if it's accurate.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The schedulers have been mucking around again, meaning a bit less NZ roads policing after the Canadian customs

And later, for want of Ambulance (see above), a couple of episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And in among there somewhere, I found a couple of Metal tutorials which cleared some stuff up, though much remains unclear for now

Monday again tomorrow. I don't know how they keep getting away with it

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X