• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all

This morning started clear with fluff but was cloudy by the time I got to the office. When I left, it was clear with fluff again. Barometer this morning was steady at 1012 mBar and up to 1017 mBar when I got home.

The drive to/from the Heathrow HQ today was easy and uneventful. Only took 20 mins to get home.

Had an early dinner and am now doing general tidying around the house as HWMBO has invited guests for dinner on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I see facebook has gone down
    its wiv the angles now

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I see facebook has gone down

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Part II deals with the coverup. It's the ep I watched on BBC2 NI some weeks ago.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to that part. Private Eye has had a fair bit to say about it over the years

Lunch has been a couple of leftover southern not-fried drumsticks with a bag of chicken crisps

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Further viewing this evening was part one of Chinook: Zulu Delta 576 about the chopper that went into the Mull of Kintyre, killing every senior intelligence officer in Northern Ireland in one fell swoop
    Part II deals with the coverup. It's the ep I watched on BBC2 NI some weeks ago.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Damp.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.634 psi, (up from 1002 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of September 2019 I was offered a contract in Cheltenham at £25/hr which made I larf, whilst WTFH was ticking things off the todo list including the chicken door.

Shirts in the WM, out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls and cords in the WM, out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM on the shirts setting since they need a hot wash having had successive 40 deg washes. Out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Came back & it started raining feck it.

Shirts in the TD.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: getting the fecking shirts in off the line.

Motorway Patrol.

NZ customs thing: 4kg of meth in tubs of LM grease. Big tubs. Possible human trafficking a lady from Taiwan along with her handler: refused entry.

Everything in off the line & finishing in the TD. Not a happy bunny.

Canadian border control. Dumb septics done for carrying the receiver for an AR15 which is illegal in Canada: vehicle & trailer confiscated because it was concealed & not declared. Gaol time on its way: smuggling an illegal weapon. Idiot trying to carry drugs to Argentina: thought it was ok since he wasn't staying in Canada: he was wrong there. Gosh. Here's a first: a chap who's killed someone, put the body in a 40 gallon drum, put the drum in the lake, got busted & served 11 years and had 2 books written about him. A lady allegedly selling her wotsit denied entry.

Oz border control. Can't wait to see the quantities of "food" in this one. Birds nest. Confiscated. Same two had $40k concealed. Total fines were knocking on for $1100. Lady from septicland who was into the master/slave thing (rather odd considering her color but whatever floats yer boat as it were): returned to septicland since they reckoned she was on the game. Chap with a kilo of coke internally: 7 years.

Shirts & cottons requiring it all duly iRoned. It mostly dried on the line, a mere cupful of water coming out of the TD.

Tea: soup etc.

UFO Hunters.

Scotland Yard "the strange case of blondie (1954)". Hadn't seen that one before. .

The Mentalist S1 E7.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Maigret and the Minister (2002).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2024, 13:09.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    MMtSH was up at 3.30 cause he was touching fur.
    After that I was awake, thinking about car servicing, lawn mower servicing/replacement, summerhouse repairs, and several other jobs that need doing.
    Gently spitting when we went out, but it stopped shortly into the walk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start out, though not rainy and not expected to be. Comparatively mild: 5°C and aiming for 10° later. The barometers are up a little bit at 999/1007mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Further viewing this evening was part one of Chinook: Zulu Delta 576 about the chopper that went into the Mull of Kintyre, killing every senior intelligence officer in Northern Ireland in one fell swoop

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    As the requests start for “what do you want for your birthday?”
    Only to be told that 3l of shower gel is not an appropriate present, my thoughts turn to replacing the ride-on mower which has cost more in repairs than I spent buying it. Westwood T80 or Stihl RT5097Z.

Not sure that was part of the plan.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by Inside the Factory on the subject of paint and wallpaper, which included an interesting sidebar on dazzle camouflage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X