• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and on a mod pali page - 36063
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        video

MillenniOM.

Oh look, On 9th of March 2019 it was Moving In Next Door Day. What a thrill that was. I don't suppose the vac has seen the carpets since unless I was the one pushing it around.

Says he bitterly, regretting selling the fecking thing to idle relatives, despite being warned.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2022, 14:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

MillenniOM.

Oh look, On 9th of March 2019 it was Moving In Next Door Day. What a thrill that was. I don't suppose the vac has seen the carpets since unless I was the one pushing it around.

Says he bitterly, regretting selling the fecking thing to idle relatives, despite being warned.
          have they paid you for the house?

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

have they paid you for the house?
            Yes. But I and my sister would have been better off if we'd sold it to someone else.

Then I wouldn't give a toss about the state of the place.

And I wouldn't be vaccing someone else's fecking toe nails off their fecking carpets.

Or putting up curtain rails for the idle feckers after a mere 3.5 years.

Or mowing their fecking lawns.

The idle fecker had the nerve to say that the lawns I'd laid were bumpy (due to me removing the raised bed thingies installed by my late father).

Which is rich coming from someone who's never laid a lawn in his entire idle life.

And breathe...
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2022, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Yes. But I and my sister would have been better off if we'd sold it to someone else.

Then I wouldn't give a toss about the state of the place.

And I wouldn't be vaccing someone else's fecking toe nails off their fecking carpets.

Or putting up curtain rails for the idle feckers after a mere 3.5 years.

Or mowing their fecking lawns.

The idle fecker had the nerve to say that the lawns I'd laid were bumpy * (due to me removing the raised bed thingies installed by my late father).

Which is rich coming from someone who's never laid a lawn in his entire idle life.

And breathe...
              why bother? - the more you do, the more they'll expect. just ignore them and leave them to it.
              life's too short mate.
              chill.

* tell him to sort it himself then, and/or **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

why bother? - the more you do, the more they'll expect. just ignore them and leave them to it.
                life's too short mate.
                chill.

* tell him to sort it himself then, and/or **** off.
                Easy to say, not so easy to do.

Especially after the 15 bin bags of rubbish I sorted, including the 60 litres of expired food & chocolate.

My sister & I managed to ignore it for over 3 years, but sometimes Things Must Be Done before it turns into one of those sticky carpeted council houses I remember so well from my youthful TV fixing.

Full of big ideas about this that & the other but no get up & go to actually do feck all about anything.

The filling of the glass recycling box with yet more empty wine bottles was a major achievement the week before last

As I recall my sister saying knocking on for 35 years ago "What did your last slave die of?".

Actually mowing their lawns reduces my stress because at least I do a proper job not some half arsed can't be fecking bothered sort of job.

Funny how the chap on the other side has paid me for mowing his lawns whilst idle **** hasn't paid a penny so far this year.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2022, 16:03.

Comment

you don't have to live in it, so why bother? does masochism run in the family?

Comment

Dentistry went as well as can be expected from allowing somebody to stick a glorified Dremel in your mouth

And then I hied me across town to get the keys from the estate agent and enter upon the new flat

The estate agent is only a couple of corners away from the flat on the nearby shopping street, so I just parked at the new place and walked round for the keys. Returning, I struggled to gain entry at the door to the premises, but then one of my new neighbours and her little daughter turned up, and explained that I didn't need any of the innumerable keys I now possessed as it was a numeric entry code

I suspect the estate agent with whom I've been dealing has only sent her minions around and didn't realise this important fact

Anyway, then I was in so I could get an idea of the place without furniture. I've put the fridge-freezer on, but the freezer bit is not very big at all, so my existing one will continue in use once I've moved. And now that I know where power points and so forth are, it's easier to work out where the innumerable bookcases with which I intend to furnish the place can be put

I'm hoping this anaesthetic wears off soon as I'm quite peckish, having only had a Greggs sausage roll (home baked) for lunch. Might get something from the fancy chippy by way of celebration

Comment

Various things ordered from Ikea, including more bookcases and a new bed with lots of storage beneath

And a sofa. The particular style I wanted has been unavailable for a few weeks, and I was wondering whether to settle for a lesser one or wait and see if it came back into stock. And lo! having just looked, it turns out that not only is it available for delivery, it's can be had in a new dark blue colour that wasn't previously offered, and which I prefer to the other options

All due for delivery a week on Thursday - it could have been the day before, but I've got an eye test booked then and Ikea aren't very precise about their timings

And I've booked the broadband installation and setup. Place isn't really liveable-in without the Internet

Comment

Working...
                      X