• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup

No bread, as when I made this batch I couldn't remember how much barley I usually chucked in and ended up using way too much. So it's extremely filling just on its own

Comment

Lunch was fish fingers in a multi-seeded flat bread thing.

Comment

More confusion over dates at the consultancy on the fortnightly Teams call

AFAIK, and also AFA the agency knows and have therefore put in my contract, I finish on the 13th. That's also what the department thinks. But the consultancy have it down as the 14th

However, the person initially responsible is now on maternity leave, and the person who took over from them is on annual leave, so I was dealing with someone who knew nothing about any of it until now.

I said that I'd commented that saying "ten more days" rather than specifying a date left room for ambiguity, similar to the confusion that had arisen previously where I was initially told my last day would be today, but it then turned out that it would have been yesterday and all the contracts had to be rewritten… whereupon she got even more confused, as the paperwork she had still showed today as my last day

So that's given her something to try to sort out before the weekend. Her final comment was that she was beginning to regret agreeing to provide cover

Comment

Lunch was leftover pasta from yesterday.

Now thinking about lighting the fire
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's really rather windy out.

Just noticed the forecast is now claiming >95% chance of rain from now to the end of the day. A quick look out the window reveals the precipitation rate is in that <5% zone at present.

Comment

It's raining here now, and is likely to continue along those lines into the evening

The survey on the new flat just came through. As expected, nothing of note is said because there's nothing wrong with the place. The valuation is exactly the same as what I'm paying, with a list of similar (but IMO lesser) properties in the vicinity going or recently gone for the same

Comment

Observation of the chestnut tree leads me to believe that it's very windy here too

The dentist texted to cancel my forthcoming appointment two weeks from now. I phoned them up to find out what they were playing at this time, and they explained that one of the dentists had left so they no longer see patients on a Friday. They then asked if I could go any other day of the week, as if it was a reasonable question. Do we live in a world where people insist that their teeth can only be examined on a particular day of the week? I've never heard of that being a thing

Anyway, I'm now going a week on Monday, though as she appeared to be addressing the phone through a megaphone from outside a closed window (and on such a windy afternoon too) I'm not sure what time. They'll probably send a text nearer the day, otherwise I'll have to phone them again and check

Comment

The rain has commenced here too, quite enthusiastically too.

I think I will pass on the opportunity to walk up to the Amazon locker at Morrisons.

Comment

Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Well it appears that approximately 7 days after deciding I probably should get a contract (for the first time in 3 years) I have a contract..

Just got to deal with the joys of AMS and a banks onboarding pain...

Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
                      Boomed!

Comment

Working...
                      X