• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    One of our visitors on Sunday night:

Healthy.

Ours look manky.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Healthy.

Ours look manky.
      That's the vixen, there's also a male with a bad tail and a cub, who looks healthy
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Managed to concentrate on getting some work done for a couple of hours, and when I looked up the government had all run away

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Managed to concentrate on getting some work done for a couple of hours, and when I looked up the government had all run away
          What are those words again?

Oh yes. Schadenfreude.

Hubris is the other one. .
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

What are those words again?

Oh yes. Schadenfreude.

Hubris is the other one. .
            I seem to have missed at least two more resignations from the junior ranks while I was sorting out my tea

Chicken madras with rice and naan, it was. Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I seem to have missed at least two more resignations from the junior ranks while I was sorting out my tea
              And now the Solicitor General has made a dash for the exit

TV whilst dining was a new episode of Police Interceptors, which was followed by another ten-year-old episode of 24 Hours in A&E (and a rather depressing one to boot)

I wonder who'll resign tomorrow?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Not a good night’s sleep, so might go to the beach for a dog walk.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy grey start out and going to stay that way, but mild at 16°C and expected to reach 23° later. Barometers inching up at 1019/1024mB

I see the new chancellor intends to "rebuild the economy". Pretty ambitious goal for the week or so he'll be in office before the whole edifice comes crashing down

Comment

Very enjoyable walk along the beach with the sea dead calm and the tide just on the turn to come in.

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Dry.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1022ish last night, not that the barometer was tapped to the best of my shaky recollection), 73% RH.

Wednesday.

The rats continue to leave the sinking ship SS Bunter The Fat Owl of the Remove.

Oh the schadenfreude.

Today's dream on waking involved the salting house being pushed off its foundations by burglars overnight and duly replaced thereon remarkably easily by my Father & me. All very odd.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

Glad to see the funfair has arrived on the playing grounds (unlike the one that takes over the station car park at Easter & September).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches (the later on toast), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y.

Knackered again now. .

More gardening: the pile of crap for the bonfire becomes ever larger.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Bing Crosby. Even managed to mention Crosby Enterprises and his tape recording machines.

Farscape S4 E5 "Promises": the one where they're all back on Moya for the first time this season along with dear old Scorpius to boot.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E6 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo: how to make it saleable in California. Presumably by detuning it & adding emissions crap.

Freecell score:: 82%, running average 85%.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%.

Phantom Signals on Blaze: Chinese astronaut hears someone knocking on the capsule, UVB76 "The Buzzer" at 4625kHz, unknown volcanic eruption detected in ice cores from Greenland & Antarctica dated at 1808ish.

Skin A&E on 5.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2022, 22:05.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X