• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now in the hotel - if I had paid the £400 this room supposedly cost (I'm using points because well) I would be somewhat annoyed. But for 1 night, right next to the venue, it will do.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Also on a train - heading south for some awards do or something

interestingly first class is complete rammed
      It was pretty full on mine too. They let all sorts in there nowadays

Comment

Can you let me know when they announce mod of the year, then I will ban all the socks I set up that voted for me.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Can you let me know when they announce mod of the year, then I will ban all the socks I set up that voted for me.
          you reckon you can beat MF then?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            On the train
            And home again

And knackered with it

The green ring has been closed over four times, and the red ring twice. I managed the walk from St. Pancras to the Admiralty in under forty minutes, which isn't bad going on such a hot day

After I was signed in to the Old Admiralty Buildings, the afternoon was devoted to a planning session for the next quarter. I don't care, TBH; tell me what you want and I'll make it. But one has to show at least the pretence of some interest, I suppose

After that, we all went off to play crazy golf as, out of a range of possible team activities that had been proposed, this had been the one that got the most votes (though not mine). It was originally proposed because it was near the office, but that place was full when an attempt was made to book, so we'd ended up booking at one over by Bank. Not sure why we couldn't have just done one of the other proposed activities that were close to the office

Anyway, we played this peculiar crazy golf game, in which I did particularly badly. Then the question arose of whether to continue in the bar there. But those venue bars aren't exactly fun places to hang out once the activity is done with IMHO. So I hastily assured them that I knew a good pub nearby and that they should place themselves in my hands, and led them off down Cornhill to The Counting House, which they all agreed was a much better choice

They wanted to know how I knew about it, so I mumbled something about occasionally having had a get-together there with a few other contractors

Then it was off to Liverpool Street to head back up to St. Pancras. And tea has been nothing but a few crisps in the pub and some honey & mustard glazed cocktail sausages I got from M&S Simply Food at the station. So I might have a bag of crisps or something before getting an early night

Comment

HWMBO arrived at lunchtime. In a jacket for some unfathomable reason.

After cooling down a bit he went over to the fishmongers in South Ken for things to make for lunch for us and a couple of friends tomorrow. He foolishly wore the jacket again.

After I clocked off, I walked up to Waitrose to get the things they didn't deliver. I didn't wear a jacket.

HWMBO then spent much of the evening doing prep and making sauces for what sounds like a 97 course tasting menu but he claims it's all tiny morsels.

I enforced the eating of dinner (Chinese takeaway) after which time I trundled the bins and HWMBO appears to be filling them up again with more food prep.

The latest episode of The Repair Shop was watched during dinner.

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Once I'd returned home, I still had the trundling to contend with, and the landlord's away so I'd agreed to look after the general waste too. I got the taxi to drop me on the side road and came in the back way, to get an idea of what I had to deal with. But it turned out there was barely anything in either recycling or general waste, so I didn't bother with either

I suspect I'll sleep well tonight. It isn't often I feel this worn out, but I daresay all the exercise was good for me

Goodnight all

Comment

OK a day of exciting strategising topped off with some manky sql accompanied by law and order SVU.

Bins trundled, beer drunk pork chops for tea TFBSZ night all.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Now off to sleep - question is Cojak going to annoy me tomorrow or do I need to plan my day rather than head to Harrods and kill time with her
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X