• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Overcast but the sun is trying to make an effort. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 21 later. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Busy morning. I had a pre-meeting then a potential client meeting then a post-meeting. Waiting to hear if an offer will be made. In the meantime, some laundry was done and hung out. Then many calls with letting agents to book in more viewings. Off out this afternoon over Hammersmith way. I think this one may be a bit small for all my tat.

Comment

Quite a stressful afternoon. Client A's agent was chasing my decision on their offer while I was still waiting for client B to make their minds up. At 1622 I accepted client A's offer. I emailed client B's consultancy with the news. At 1648 client B's consultancy called tell me client B had offered me the job and that I was letting them down by not waiting longer. They then said would I ditch Client A if they got a contract to me first. I said no, I am not that sort of person. Much hurrumphing but I stuck to my guns.

I think I've picked the right role if the consultancy is going to get shirty and play tricks like that. They never told me there was more than one person being considered for the gig whereas I knew client A was only going to see more people if I said no.

Comment

Oh and this afternoon's flat viewing was postponed and will now happen tomorrow. The tenant was reticent to let anyone in then the landlord said they were doing work on the property.

Oh the joys.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

My debugging talk went OK, I think. Not sure I'll bother doing one of those again; you spend half the time thinking "They probably know all this" and the rest thinking "They probably don't need to know this bit"

I also managed to do a bedding wash, though

And lunch, late because I was still working on my React map demo so didn't have time for it until after the talk, was prosciutto in a white cob with a bag of crisps

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Quite a stressful afternoon. Client A's agent was chasing my decision on their offer while I was still waiting for client B to make their minds up. At 1622 I accepted client A's offer. I emailed client B's consultancy with the news. At 1648 client B's consultancy called tell me client B had offered me the job and that I was letting them down by not waiting longer. They then said would I ditch Client A if they got a contract to me first. I said no, I am not that sort of person. Much hurrumphing but I stuck to my guns.

I think I've picked the right role if the consultancy is going to get shirty and play tricks like that. They never told me there was more than one person being considered for the gig whereas I knew client A was only going to see more people if I said no.
            They seem to think we're sitting there pining for their call, like a fisherman's wife waiting for him to return from the sea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I guess you gave them to 16:00 to get back to you at which point it’s their screw up…

and by the sound of it client b are playing games that you haven’t been told about
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Two fire engines went up the side road over the way not long ago. Then a police car went shooting up there a few minutes ago; and now, two more fire engines have gone up there

And another police car right now

I'm guessing a cannabis farm's caught fire

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I guess you gave them to 16:00 to get back to you at which point it’s their screw up…

and by the sound of it client b are playing games that you haven’t been told about
                  On mulling further, I wonder if the other person was offered the work but refused and so they went for the backup, hence why it took a while, but obviously it's easier to blame me for my impatience.

Comment

The recycling bin has been trundled forth

I didn't bother taking mine down, other than some Amazon packaging that was easy to carry and just topped it off nicely. The bag is only about half full, and now it's contained by the old bin it doesn't take up much space.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And then a bit of coffee & walnut cake for good measure

All accompanied by The Airport on iPlayer, about Heathrow getting back to its concept of normal, featuring that chap Jeremy who was on the airport programme years ago.

The car earlier was a Corvette, though a more recent model than the one they did the other week; and then the bicycling began so I started reading R. V. Jones' Most Secret War, which I've somehow never got around to reading in full (though I remember it on the TV in the Seventies)

Comment

Working...
                      X