• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool at 15.2 in here.

1009 mBar, 29.796 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 14.63 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 71% RH.

Thursday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the blazing sunshine.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a mini pork pie, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on that rather stale-ish Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on about various Instagram scams and the difficulty of getting the overmighty & obnoxious to do anything about it, in fact to actually communicate.

The BBC had to go through their PR agency or whatever.

In other other news: found another rotting apple but caught this one before it totally deliquesced all over next week's TV Times. .

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84.4%.

The Lidl(tm) heatpad thingie I've used over the winter to avoid turning the heating on has finally expired. Not only that, the spare controller I had available also expired, so I assume said heating pad itself has expired, though some electrical jiggery pokery with a variac & an isolating transformer may well bring it back to something approaching life, or alternatively electrocute me. . It was a right bitch breaking into the controller, who'd have thunk it could be so difficult? .

Entertainment: Discovering Harrison Ford.

Tea: the final portion of that remarkably toothsome chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S1 E14 "Jeremiah Crichton"

Discovering Alexander Payne. Who? Oh. He directed "About Schmidt (2002)" which I watched because it had Jack Nicholson in it.

Trucking Hell S5 E? (the epg is showing S4 E8 for some reason).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2022, 17:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

At the station, green ring closed

Comment

On the train

Comment

Just passed Crouch Recovery HQ at Kibworth

Comment

Just getting to St. Pancras

Comment

Afternoon all

It's a sunny day, high of 18 and barometer down a bit to 1013 mBar.

Hectic start to the day. The VM I use for all the analytics isn't behaving so I'm on a back-up VM (as I can't run powershell / python scripts on my client issued device) where nothing is quite configured correctly.

The very last data migration (delta push) has been kicked off and is set to complete tomorrow. It's very small so shouldn't take long to do.

My brain is fried and I have lists up the wazoo so I don't forget all the close-out jobs I need to do. I have four working days and then I'm free!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just getting to St. Pancras
                hello!

Comment

Final migration is DONE!

Now to do the paperwork

Comment

Dinner was a tray bake effort with chicken, potatoes, chilli, peppers, and other stuff.

Turned out edible.

Comment

Christ on a crutch, this working for a living is a bit complicated

A good time was had after all the bulltulip, but I missed the train I was aiming for so I won’t be home till later than I would have liked

On the other hand, I think I made some good contacts; I dunno, I’ve never given a toss about that stuff, but maybe there’s a few bob in it?

Comment

Working...
                      X