• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting

Work

Meeting

Lunch

Meeting

Run to the toilet

Meeting
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very pleasant afternoon out there. The two lilac trees I passed along the way were both gently suffusing the atmosphere around them with the aroma of that Yardley bubblebath your Mum had in the 1970s

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips

The motor car earlier was a Porsche 912, which I hadn't previously been aware of. US-only, apparently. And the gold diggers had their usual mix of good and bad luck.

And whilst dining, and continuing now, an episode of 24 Hours in Police Custody featuring the classic scenario of a bloke throwing one punch at a guy who's come at him first, thereby killing him virtually on the spot

Comment

Mild panic earlier this afternoon when a copy/paste error meant a heck of a lot of data was migrated to the wrong document library. Swiftly fixed but I was a bit twitchy for a moment as we have a go-live on Friday. This is why we do the manual checks!

Finished work at about 8.15pm after kicking off some checksum verification things that need to run as evidence that the data we moved to the target system is the same as the data we pulled from the source.

Dinner is fish fingers, chips and beans cos I am an adult.

Watching The Great British Dig on All4.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And whilst dining, and continuing now, an episode of 24 Hours in Police Custody featuring the classic scenario of a bloke throwing one punch at a guy who's come at him first, thereby killing him virtually on the spot
            Oh what a surprise: the bloke hadn't come at him first

Lucky to get away with manslaughter I reckon.

I took a break during that to set up SSH and screen sharing so I can get into my iMac from my MacBook Air when I'm down in London tomorrow; I turned off wifi on the laptop and connected to the Internet via the iPhone instead to ensure I had the right ports open temporarily on my router. So should I need anything off there, I'll be able to get it

And then I realised that the rather chaotic traffic outside is because the police have closed the road just past here. Only explanation found on Twitter is "due to a police incident" which can mean anything from an RTC to an armed siege

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              And then I realised that the rather chaotic traffic outside is because the police have closed the road just past here. Only explanation found on Twitter is "due to a police incident" which can mean anything from an RTC to an armed siege
              And with that said, the road is now open again, though outbound only from the look of things.

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Final viewing of the night was the Air Crash Investigation into the crash of Learjet 35 N47BA after it apparently suffered loss of cabin pressure, then continued on autopilot until it finally ran out of fuel

I suppose I should try for an early start tomorrow given that I'll be doing nothing of note for a fair chunk of time in the day while travelling

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    Blue skies and sunshine here, saw our first swallow of the year (they have been reported in the area for over a week, but this is the first one I've seen)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Mostly clear blue sky out today, which is typical when I've got to walk to the station later. Currently 9°C with 16° expected later (and 18° in That London). Barometers are down a little at 1007/1014mB

Comment

Working...
                      X