• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rock 'n' Roll lifestyle continues with today's deliveries.
    Last weekend I broke my old spade. It was close to 20 years old, so didn't owe me anything. I think it came from Homebase.
    I've replaced it with 2 spades - one is a Faithfull all metal one (apart from the wooden bar across the handle), the other is a round edged one.

Hope they last the weekend.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Went for a walk about. Very warm and humid out there. Noticed some grumbly looking clouds but the forecast still doesn't expect rain. The temperature has reach 20 degrees though. Toasty!

Comment

I have done my SATR. I do dislike how the calculation summary doesn't take into account the payments made on account. Seeing the "amount due by 31 January" always gives me a brief WTF moment before I remember I've already paid most of it.

Comment

As anticipated, we had our stuff deployed before lunch and, after lunch, were able to check that it was behaving itself and generally performing correctly, for some value of correctly. Then we had a planning meeting, and then the weekly developer get-together which was quite an interesting talk about people who live-code algorithmically-generated techno music to an audience, judging the value of the changes they're making to the code in real time by the enthusiasm of the dancing. Not something that's likely to be relevant to the department's work any time soon, but rather interesting and entertaining, which is the point of these developer sessions

And with that done and nothing else on my plate, I decided to declare an early halt and went and did the shopping at M&S and Sainsbury's; largely Easter eggs, for we have a family gathering on Sunday. I was planning to do it either this evening or tomorrow, but now it's out of the way and I can relax

Back again, a quick check for missed messages on Teams (there weren't any as I suspect everybody else chose to finish early too), and I'm done until Tuesday

Comment

A few more things to sort out ahead of the long weekend: the recycling has been taken down and the associated bin trundled forth

And the bed has been stripped and left to air, for tonight I sleep in clean sheets

Well, I do if I remember to make the bed again later

Comment

Bed remade, thereby averting profound misery later

Comment

I ordered lots of Thai to see me over the weekend. Had soup and starters for dinner.

This was a nice article from The Guardian's Long Read, if you like vending machines https://www.theguardian.com/business...e-in-the-world

Comment

Start-of-the-long-weekend tea: pork chops with chips and beans

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    This was a nice article from The Guardian's Long Read, if you like vending machines https://www.theguardian.com/business...e-in-the-world
                    Good find!

Comment

Alarm clock turned off
                      Binge watched the end of season 3 of The Split (teed up nicely for S4)\\Now TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X