• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny out now

The binfolk finally came, so the recycling bin has been retrieved and trundled back in

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Saw a thread on that there twitter earlier about the M25 and thought - there's one for Nick, maybe a MLFTB.

Got to the end of it, was about to share it, then realised that the reason I saw it was because Nick had retweeted it.
      Good thread that - I'd definitely post a link to a site about the building of the M25

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Barometer up to 1040 mBar. Had to check my weather app to see if that was about right (they say it's 1043 mBar at whatever weather station their info comes from). Also corroborated by NF's measurements I see.
      Yes, I did a double take at my barometer app

Comment

1043mB according to the Bresser
        30.86" according to my great grandfather's barometer in the hall. (might need to tweak that for altitude to get it right)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On hold to Madness - "Must be love..."
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Now it's Peter Gabriel (I had to look up the artist as I'm not that old) - Sledgehammer

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Now it's Peter Gabriel (I had to look up the artist as I'm not that old) - Sledgehammer
              Good video - considered groundbreaking at the time

Comment

Hectic day so far. After getting the bin in and doing the usual meetings, I had a toasted teacake slathered in butter

Then some more meetings, after which I made a quick dash to Sainsbury's, just to get it out of the way. I didn't need that much and made the round trip in fifty minutes, which isn't too bad at lunchtime

And then lunch of a "well-seasoned" chicken leg from the tepid food counter

Got another meeting due shortly - this time it's the consultancy's fortnightly catchup. I think I'll continue the frenzied activity by making a coffee before it starts

Oh, and I finally got around to buying a new kitchen bin at Sainsbury's. Just a 20 litre one; as I've said before, I don't really need a 35 litre one now so much stuff goes for recycling. So as and when I've filled the final bag that's in there, it'll be goodbye to the old but now broken bin

Comment

Sorted out the mortgage.

Had some meetings

Looked some boring stuff up for Clientco

Now need to go for a long walk before I get cabin fever. "The sun has got his hat on..."

Comment

Time for the weekend, I reckon!

Comment

I stopped work at 5pm today

HWMBO asked if I'd moved to Finland when I mentioned how novel it was to stop work and it still be daylight outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X