• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

The vendor has done their bit and, because I was eating dinner and catching up on 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, I missed the 9pm status call.

Fortunately the other BA picked up the output file, did the checks and signed off the next stage. Now that's teamwork!

Signed off now until tomorrow's check point at 9am.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        Very nice too

One of the drivers came in with three or four empty bags and was immediately given two more and sent straight back out, so I'm going to assume they were busy enough

Comment

Tonight's viewing whilst dining was that bodycam show which included a load of the typical bulltulip that happens every week in the vicinity of a dodgy nightclub next to the bus station where such bulltulip has been happening for decades now, so I assume the police are relieved by a recent planning application to knock the place down and build something else (probably flats for students) in its place

Once that nonsense was out of the way, I settled into a rewatch of part two of The Beatles: Get Back. Although they're still experimenting here to some degree, it's also interesting to see the way they start to consolidate the stuff they were experimenting with in part one and get it into its final form; especially as they recognise the fact that they're doing that and get into several discussions of the processes by which they do so. Reflecting on the best way to make the sausages as they make them

And then The Dark Knight Rises (2012) so that's that trilogy rewatch finished (again)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies have returned! Not for long though. Chilly out there at 1 degree, with a high of 8 later. Rain expected this evening. Barometer back up again to 1033 mBar.

I've managed to remember to log on for the 9am check point call. Text from the PM says there's 140 failures.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 13 deg.

1033 mBar, 30.5 in Hg, 774.8 Torr, 14.98 psi, 63% RH.

Sunday.

The dreams, such as they were, involved a search for toilet.

The enormous fart emitted when I woke up probably explains that.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, with a distinct plus in avoiding the voluble chap yet again.

Lunch: Morrisons The Best sausages with onion gravy, some fruit cocktail, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score in the grey of the afternoon: 100% (of 8), running average 84%.

Tea: leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bab5 S2 E3 "The Geometry of Shadows": the Technomages decide to leave, the signs & portents are not good.

Bab5 S2 E4 "A Distant Star": how to get lost in hyperspace.

Commentary on S2 E3: rather more jolly than the JMS commentaries on S1 were.

C4 Dispatches: Andrew Neil's take on our inglorious & vainglorious Bozo Bunter, the fat owl of the remove.

Bab5 S2 E5 "The long dark": a sublight ship arrives at Bab5 with a stowaway on board.

Bab5 S2 E6 "Spider in the web": Things to do on Bab5 before you're dead dead dead.

Bab5 S2 E7 "Soul Mates": wives & ex husbands visit Bab5.

Bab5 S2 E8 "A race through dark places": Bester returns in search of the underground railroad.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 January 2022, 00:04.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The migration from hell is done! The errant files were repushed and we ended up with just one error that was created after the cut-off so not our problem.

Now onto the next one...

Comment

Watched a few episodes of The Great British Dig: History in your Garden on C4.

Now contemplating a cursory vacuuming.

HWMBO is on his way to the airport and I'll be picking him up around 6pm. My jump starter is charged as I have a hunch the battery might be flat. As seems to be common of late, much of the piccadilly is closed for engineering works this weekend.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another mild day, though not as warm as yesterday at 7°C and the earlier sunshine has been dispelled by overcast now. Chance of rain this evening too. Barometers are very slightly up from yesterday though, at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Working...
                      X