• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been turkey soup with multiseed bread. Very peppery, very nice

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

This was interrupted in its earliest stages when I happened to run into my old friend the photographer, who lives about six streets away but who I hadn't seen since we went to the pub on February 29th 2020, because we don't work at 10 Downing Street

He has also found his legs to be seizing up due to inactivity and has thus been forced to roam the streets for so-called "exercise"

Comment

In my case, not just the legs: the lower back also requires the daily exercise or it seizes up, in fact it takes about a 100 yds or more before it becomes reasonably comfortable. Then the knees start complaining.

This morning, after stopping for a chat with a chap up the road, it was quite difficult to get moving again, the legs having done their cooling off & seizing up thing in the 20 minutes or so I was stationary.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          In my case, not just the legs: the lower back also requires the daily exercise or it seizes up, in fact it takes about a 100 yds or more before it becomes reasonably comfortable. Then the knees start complaining.

This morning, after stopping for a chat with a chap up the road, it was quite difficult to get moving again, the legs having done their cooling off & seizing up thing in the 20 minutes or so I was stationary.
          Something to look forward to

Comment

Bedding wash on

Comment

My calendar app informed me this morning that it's my mother's birthday tomorrow; something you'd think I might remember after all these years, but which still comes like a bolt from the blue every January

So I rushed to Amazon, where I found a really nice card; one of those laser-cut popup things, because she's fascinated by those, showing a greenhouse full of flowers, because she loves her garden. And most importantly, it could be delivered by 10pm today, so I had a fighting chance of getting it to her only a day late

Then I got the message telling me it had been delivered to the Amazon Locker at 18:08. Checking, I confirmed that the last collection at the Andromeda Nebula Delivery Office is at 18:45; so the race was on!

I rushed over and got the card, wrote, stamped and addressed it, and headed out to the car. The battery was too flat to start it, so I had to jumpstart it with the little battery pack. And it was all misted up on the inside from the cold, so I had to wait several minutes while the heater sorted that out. And once I set out, there were naturally loads of slow drivers at various points along the journey. But I got there with three minutes to spare, so assuming not too many postal workers between here and there are down with a bad case of positive lateral flow test, there's a fighting chance she'll get it in the morning

And once I set out I checked that the front windscreen wipers still don't work (they don't) and glanced at the rev counter to confirm that was also still broken… and it wasn't!

I noticed it not working on the way back on Boxing Day, and it hasn't worked since, so I've no idea how it recovered. Maybe the flattening of the battery reset something on the computer?

Or maybe it's a Mum's Birthday Miracle

Anyway, one less thing to worry about having fixed when it goes to the vet on Thursday

Comment

Oh, and the bedding wash drew to its conclusion about two minutes after I got back, so that's been draped on the clotheshorse

Comment

Tea: lamb scouse and sesame bloomer. Very nice

Comment

Dinner was a chicken biriyani from the nice cafe locally (2 for £6 I know how to treat my woman).

Watching that nice Mr "heroic stance" Cage in left behind (2015) which is about the rapture apparently. Will update later.

Doing some paperwork for new job, I have no idea how HR survive under the onslaught of paper/scans.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X