• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice sunny walk yesterday past Pooh Sticks Bridge, but rather crowded. I've got a little stream in my garden with a home made bridge over it. Maybe with a bit of poo and some sticks I could make a tourist attraction.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

I've always found it amusing that there is a river that runs through a built up area of London that through the decades I've lived near it had boys and men fishing in it. This morning there was a middle age man in it in full fishing gear.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Been sunny out but it's clouding over now and rain, or maybe just drizzle, will be starting shortly. Currently 7°C and staying there, barometers quite a way up at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Morning.

I've always found it amusing that there is a river that runs through a built up area of London that through the decades I've lived near it had boys and men fishing in it. This morning there was a middle age man in it in full fishing gear.
          Some unlikely places can be rich with nature. There's a little river right by a supermarket near me, only time I've ever seen crayfish.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yes indeed, the rivers and canals around here are quite full of the lesser spotted shopping trolley, Tesco, Morrisons, & B&M feature quite strongly, B&Q not so much now the store has closed.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Yes indeed, the rivers and canals around here are quite full of the lesser spotted shopping trolley, Tesco, Morrisons, & B&M feature quite strongly, B&Q not so much now the store has closed.
              Any GALs spawning in the infested canals around you?

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: a hot dog

Drizzle has arrived

And a tea towel wash is on

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Some unlikely places can be rich with nature. There's a little river right by a supermarket near me, only time I've ever seen crayfish.
                    I've only seen water weeds.

I need to look more closely.

They cleaned the river up in the 90s due to building housing on the sites of old factories along it's course and as the factories no longer discharge into the river it's stayed reasonable clean. Now they do random minor clean ups.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea towels done, and draped elegantly upon the clotheshorse

Comment

Working...
                      X