• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain did arrive

Comment

Very busy day at the coal face and technically haven't finished but HWMBO came home and yelled at me when dinner was delivered to stop working and eat

Watching Inside the Factory about the Soreen malt loaf. If I can find out how to cut the damn thing without it squashing flat, I'll be a very happy bunny.

Comment

New series of Teeth in Paradise, I mean Death in Paradise, tonight. Yeh! Actually summit worth watching on TV.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce, with chips and peas. Extremely nice

The shank + sauce also took up more than its fair share of space in the freezer, so it's good to get it out of the way

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No cutting techniques were divulged but HWMBO was very pleased there was mention of Lyon's being the first company to embrace computer technology with a nice bit about the LEO.

Now watching the latest Trucking Hell which I confirm features Rory.

Comment

I went to bed but couldn't settle because there was an error on the data migration reconciliation report that I really had to get to the bottom of. I think I've sussed it but the for some reason things are on a mighty go-slow and what I thought would take me 5 minutes has taken 25 so far.

Comment

Tonight's telly started with Trucking Hell as I ate; not the latest one as I'm a few behind, and a fairly Lantern-heavy episode, though Crouch appeared at the end with Lee recovering a broken-down lorry blocking a lane up the way at the Groby Road/Woodgate/Blackbird Road/Fosse Road North junction. Not a good junction to break down at; it's bad enough there when everything's running smoothly (to the extent it ever does)

Then a film I've watched before, End of Watch (2012), about a couple of LAPD patrol cops. It's pretty good, but a bit on the copaganda side

And finally, S1E1 of Cobra. A "Sky Original" it may be, but it didn't seem as original as all that, being heavily laced with clichéd plot points. Hokum, then, but I'll probably keep on with it as hokum isn't always a bad thing

I've always assumed that far from being a high tech command centre like it shows, Cabinet Office Briefing Room A is actually a dingy room with the same vinyl floor tiles and painted walls they have in Unemployment Benefit Offices. There's several of those grey Formica tables with black steel box section legs pushed together in the middle and those stackable chairs that turn up everywhere. One of those Cisco starfish phones sits in the middle of the tables for voice conferences, and at one end is a Dell laptop, no longer powerful enough to run the latest version of Excel, with a USB webcam plonked on top of its screen, which they all have to gather round for videoconferencing. But I may be wrong.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very very wet indeed.

Heavy rain.

Dark.

Grey, verging on light black.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 13.8 deg.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.4747 psi, 66% RH.

Saturday.

The midnight viewing of NCIS LA was rather satisfying but I have no idea why it was on at that time.

There's a midnight ep next week too according to the EPG.

No walk today if this deluge continues apace.

Rain stopped.

Evidence of rivers of water running along the gutters overnight.

Actual small stream running down the hill from the field drain 400 yards up, fortunately I'd cleared the grid by the cemetery and all the water was disappearing down that.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

It didn't rain on me, but the leat between the res & the guinea pond/fishpond was busily doing its overflowing thing again.

Not where they've spent all that time & money putting gabions in, but about half a mile further up where the bank is much lower in the first place.

Lunch: lentil soup (Heinz) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

For no very good reason I've just spent the last 10 minutes torturing myself by looking at jobserve. .

Freecell score: 100% (of 7), running average 84%, 28 win streak.

The next batch of chilli con carne and fiery spag bol cooked & freezing down.

Tea: spag with not quite fiery bol since it hasn't matured in the freezer for a week, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Roswell S2 E2 "Ask not" commentary: inneresting enough.

Roswell S2 E9 "Max in the city": a trip to NY NY with the dupes for whom it doesn't end well.

Roswell S2 E10 "A Roswell Xmas Carol" with the Xmas Nazi.

Roswell S2 E11 "To serve & protect"
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 January 2022, 20:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X