• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except now someone wants to talk to me!

Comment

Is there a lurker?

Comment

Or will I get lucky?

Comment

congratulations
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What you don't see is...

Comment

Very pleasing mod number

(355355)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Or will I get lucky?

Nice pali!

Comment

I tried a small bowl of the turkey soup, with a bit of multiseed bread, and it was really nice

Then I popped out the back. It's horrid out there. Not actually raining right now, though it has been, but it feels damp and it's cold and there's a nasty, lazy wind

But the recycling bin was full to the brim, so I trundled it forth

One of the other flats had left their most recent bag of recycling by the full bin as well. When I took the bin out to the road, there was one from a house up the way which had been left out since last week and only had one measly sack in it. So I came back in and got mine, which was very full, and took it down and put it in there. Then I got the neighbour's one out of the yard and put that in there too - given that I was already freezing by then, I figured I might as well get it all dealt with

Going to have a brew now to warm me up.

Comment

Quite pleased with myself that my oil tank calculator seems to be accurate.

Volume of oil in a cylindrical horizontal tank:
                    V = VMAX*r2(2*ACOS((h-r)/r)-SIN(2*ACOS((h-r)/r))/2?*r2

Where:
                    VMAX is the maximum volume of the tank
                    r is the radius of the tank
                    h is the height of the oil in the tank

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed; and as the blue ring was already closed, that's the lot for today

I put it off until now as it's warmed up quite a bit and the wind has eased - currently 6°C, "feels like" 2°. And I not only remembered to wear a scarf, I also wore the woolly hat I recently bought; its first outing, and it definitely seems to help

Lots of recycling bags were already out against the morning collection. Surprising how few bottles and cans many households seem to get through at New Year, though others seem to be more than happy to make up for their lightweight neighbours

Comment

Working...
                      X