• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice (slightly interesting) discovery today.

Sendgrid does email domains correctly - for all intents and purposes the email comes from the domain you expect it to on both outlook and gmail.

Mailjet doesn't - even for transactional emails you end up with a sent via Mailjet.com alert on the messages.

Now it's a very minor point but that means I can't see any point switching to mailjet as the money saved doesn't trump the fact it looks half decent.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

I made the detour via the pharmacy. The "No LFTs" notice had been left taped to the Perspex® screen at the counter, but with the bottom taped up to the top so it couldn't be read, suggesting it had been left like that for easy deployment but wasn't in effect. So I hoiked my mask out of my pocket and ventured in and asked… and they had tests!

And having got a box of them, I asked if they could check if my monthly prescription had come through. I wasn't sure it would be ready as I ordered it Sunday night and Monday was a Bank Holiday, but it had indeed been processed. So I got that too

Comment

LFT result: negative

That's the next-to-last one from the previous box. I've been saving them for a special occasion, such as the pharmacy getting some more

Comment

Now the dentist has sent me some forms.

Why do shops think I'm going Vegan for January? I rather not drink alcohol and neither is going to happen in winter.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

I made the detour via the pharmacy. The "No LFTs" notice had been left taped to the Perspex® screen at the counter, but with the bottom taped up to the top so it couldn't be read, suggesting it had been left like that for easy deployment but wasn't in effect. So I hoiked my mask out of my pocket and ventured in and asked… and they had tests!

And having got a box of them, I asked if they could check if my monthly prescription had come through. I wasn't sure it would be ready as I ordered it Sunday night and Monday was a Bank Holiday, but it had indeed been processed. So I got that too

Maybe I should venture outside to see if any of my local pharmacies have received stock.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              LFT result: negative

That's the next-to-last one from the previous box. I've been saving them for a special occasion, such as the pharmacy getting some more
              Just done an LFT cos was rather sneezy and sniffy this afternoon. Negative fortunately. Maybe just the sudden cold weather.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Having promised myself that I'd stop subjecting myself to the enormous hassle of trying to fit stuff into an already-full freezer, I have naturally failed, and have spent around forty minutes spread over two or three sessions getting everything in there. Though to be fair, this included slicing bread as I could only get one of the three loaves I bought in pre-sliced form; the in-store bakery hadn't bothered for most loaves today, it seems. And I'd failed to properly clean the slicing machine after dealing with some beef recently, so that needed to be done too, which added to the time.

But, rather to my surprise, I managed to fit everything in! It took a bit of judicious repackaging of things that had been in a container to freeze but could now be transferred to a bag and crammed into a gap, and I did discard two wholemeal pitta breads that I didn't really want anyway when they appeared as a substitution in an order back in the first lockdown. But now it's all in there so, with the fresh stuff I got as well, I can probably not bother going shopping for at least a fortnight and maybe until the end of the month

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Just done an LFT cos was rather sneezy and sniffy this afternoon. Negative fortunately. Maybe just the sudden cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe I should venture outside to see if any of my local pharmacies have received stock.
                    The lady on the counter, who normally appears rather dour and serious-minded, was clearly absolutely delighted to be able to answer "Yes! I have lots!" to my enquiry, breaking into a huge grin and even making a jokey comment about the situation as she rootled around for the form on which they write down the codes

Comment

Watching the RI Christmas Lectures - unsurprisingly about viruses. It's headlined as being presented by Jonathan Vam-Tam but he just mumbles a bit here and there and hands over to the 'guest' presenter Katie Ewer who is far more engaging and is doing the majority of the work.

The demo about how much snot we naturally produce each day was entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X